Delhi HC blast: NIA examines Udhampur link
Jammu/New Delhi: Suspecting a similarity
between the blasts at Delhi High Court and in Udhampur, the
National Investigation Agency is poring through forensic
evidence and the interrogation report of a government employee
arrested in connection with the Udhampur blast in May.
The NIA, probing the Delhi High Court blast, has taken
forensic evidence gathered from the site of the blast at
Udhampur which was aimed at making a Major General-rank
officer posted at Army`s Northern Command the target, sources
privy to the probe said today.
NIA has approached the local police and sought all the
information pertaining to the blast as the agency believes
that a Paksitani national disguising himself as a local
resident of Rajouri -- Ghulam Sarwar -- could be the
mastermind behind both the blasts.
Sarwar, who is married to a local woman in Rajouri and
has two children, was identified allegedly by Abid Hussain and
Hafiz Aamir Abbas Dev from the photographs shown to them. The
two men have recorded their confessional statement before a
Abid and Haifiz were arrested within days of the High
Court blast and during the confessional statement, the duo is
believed to have owned up responsibility for drafting and
sending an email after the attack.
The High Court blast on September seven left 15 people
dead and it was the first case to be handed over to the
NIA after its inception in the aftermath of Mumbai attack in
Ghulam Sarwar, according to the interrogation report of
Abdul Majeed, a government employee, arrested in connection
with the Udhampur blast, is a Lashker-e-Taiba(LeT) terrorist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional