Delhi HC blast: NIA examines Udhampur link
Jammu/New Delhi: Suspecting a similarity
between the blasts at Delhi High Court and in Udhampur, the
National Investigation Agency is poring through forensic
evidence and the interrogation report of a government employee
arrested in connection with the Udhampur blast in May.
The NIA, probing the Delhi High Court blast, has taken
forensic evidence gathered from the site of the blast at
Udhampur which was aimed at making a Major General-rank
officer posted at Army`s Northern Command the target, sources
privy to the probe said today.
NIA has approached the local police and sought all the
information pertaining to the blast as the agency believes
that a Paksitani national disguising himself as a local
resident of Rajouri -- Ghulam Sarwar -- could be the
mastermind behind both the blasts.
Sarwar, who is married to a local woman in Rajouri and
has two children, was identified allegedly by Abid Hussain and
Hafiz Aamir Abbas Dev from the photographs shown to them. The
two men have recorded their confessional statement before a
Abid and Haifiz were arrested within days of the High
Court blast and during the confessional statement, the duo is
believed to have owned up responsibility for drafting and
sending an email after the attack.
The High Court blast on September seven left 15 people
dead and it was the first case to be handed over to the
NIA after its inception in the aftermath of Mumbai attack in
Ghulam Sarwar, according to the interrogation report of
Abdul Majeed, a government employee, arrested in connection
with the Udhampur blast, is a Lashker-e-Taiba(LeT) terrorist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- 7th Pay Commission: No decision yet on increase in allowances; pay hike to be implemented from Jan 2016
- Ephedrine haul case: Accused gets threat not to turn approver
- Yo Yo Honey Singh battled bipolar disease, thanks doctor for treatment!
- Shocking! Jharkhand BJP chief's daughter-in-law is just 11 years old!
- Zareen Khan, Ali Fazal to feature in T-Series music video