Delhi HC blast: NIA examines Udhampur link
Jammu/New Delhi: Suspecting a similarity
between the blasts at Delhi High Court and in Udhampur, the
National Investigation Agency is poring through forensic
evidence and the interrogation report of a government employee
arrested in connection with the Udhampur blast in May.
The NIA, probing the Delhi High Court blast, has taken
forensic evidence gathered from the site of the blast at
Udhampur which was aimed at making a Major General-rank
officer posted at Army`s Northern Command the target, sources
privy to the probe said today.
NIA has approached the local police and sought all the
information pertaining to the blast as the agency believes
that a Paksitani national disguising himself as a local
resident of Rajouri -- Ghulam Sarwar -- could be the
mastermind behind both the blasts.
Sarwar, who is married to a local woman in Rajouri and
has two children, was identified allegedly by Abid Hussain and
Hafiz Aamir Abbas Dev from the photographs shown to them. The
two men have recorded their confessional statement before a
Abid and Haifiz were arrested within days of the High
Court blast and during the confessional statement, the duo is
believed to have owned up responsibility for drafting and
sending an email after the attack.
The High Court blast on September seven left 15 people
dead and it was the first case to be handed over to the
NIA after its inception in the aftermath of Mumbai attack in
Ghulam Sarwar, according to the interrogation report of
Abdul Majeed, a government employee, arrested in connection
with the Udhampur blast, is a Lashker-e-Taiba(LeT) terrorist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre