Delhi HC blast: One held in Guj for bogus email
New Delhi: The investigators probing the recent blast outside the Delhi HC detained a youth from Gujarat, Monday, for sending terror emails threatening more attacks in the country.
As per reports, the youth identified as Monu has been detained by security agencies from Gujarat’s Patan district and was taken for interrogation in connection with Delhi High Court blast.
Monu, who is mentally unstable, is believed to have sent the terror email in frustration as he could not secure a job for him since a longtime.
After initial interrogation, investigators have dismissed the terror mail sent by him as bogus and as having no relation to any terror outfit.
The man in question has been held under the Information and Technology Act (Amendment) 2008, which regulates online behaviour in the country, from e-commerce to cybercrimes, Internet surveillance, and intermediary liability.
It is to be noted that a series of terror emails threatening more attacks
were sent by unknown persons claiming to be members of terrorist outfits including Indian Mujahideen (IM) and Harkat-ul-Jehadi Islami (HuJI) soon after the Delhi High Court blast.
Earlier, a mail sent by a suspected IM agent named Chotoo claimed responsibility for last week`s blast outside the Delhi High Court.
Interestingly, a third email sent to media houses in Delhi and Mumbai from email id email@example.com was deciphered correctly by the investigating agencies said that the terror outfit will be carrying out fresh attack in Ahmedabad.
The email claimed that Indian Mujahideen had done the High Court blast after a lot of consideration and also challenged National Investigation Agency and Delhi Police to trace the mails.
Which group carried out the Delhi HC blast still remains a mystery. On September 7 itself, Harkat-ul-Jehadi Islami (HuJI) claimed responsibility for the explosion. But the next day, Indian Mujahideen said it executed the blast. And later, another e-mail from an unknown group claiming responsibility made it more complicated for the investigators, which was followed by a fourth email from IM.
The terror attack outside the Delhi High Court claimed the lives of 12 persons and left 73 others seriously injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25