Delhi HC blast: One held in Guj for bogus email
New Delhi: The investigators probing the recent blast outside the Delhi HC detained a youth from Gujarat, Monday, for sending terror emails threatening more attacks in the country.
As per reports, the youth identified as Monu has been detained by security agencies from Gujarat’s Patan district and was taken for interrogation in connection with Delhi High Court blast.
Monu, who is mentally unstable, is believed to have sent the terror email in frustration as he could not secure a job for him since a longtime.
After initial interrogation, investigators have dismissed the terror mail sent by him as bogus and as having no relation to any terror outfit.
The man in question has been held under the Information and Technology Act (Amendment) 2008, which regulates online behaviour in the country, from e-commerce to cybercrimes, Internet surveillance, and intermediary liability.
It is to be noted that a series of terror emails threatening more attacks
were sent by unknown persons claiming to be members of terrorist outfits including Indian Mujahideen (IM) and Harkat-ul-Jehadi Islami (HuJI) soon after the Delhi High Court blast.
Earlier, a mail sent by a suspected IM agent named Chotoo claimed responsibility for last week`s blast outside the Delhi High Court.
Interestingly, a third email sent to media houses in Delhi and Mumbai from email id email@example.com was deciphered correctly by the investigating agencies said that the terror outfit will be carrying out fresh attack in Ahmedabad.
The email claimed that Indian Mujahideen had done the High Court blast after a lot of consideration and also challenged National Investigation Agency and Delhi Police to trace the mails.
Which group carried out the Delhi HC blast still remains a mystery. On September 7 itself, Harkat-ul-Jehadi Islami (HuJI) claimed responsibility for the explosion. But the next day, Indian Mujahideen said it executed the blast. And later, another e-mail from an unknown group claiming responsibility made it more complicated for the investigators, which was followed by a fourth email from IM.
The terror attack outside the Delhi High Court claimed the lives of 12 persons and left 73 others seriously injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’