Delhi HC blast: Police custody for 3rd accused
Kishtwar: The third person arrested in connection with the Delhi High Court blast -- Amir Abbas Dev -- was remanded to seven days of police custody by a local court to enable the security agencies to question him.
The accused was produced before Principal District and Sessions Judge Kishtwar today who remanded him to custody for questioning him at length for helping in sending an e-mail barely two hours after the September 07 blast.
He is being interrogated by a joint team of interrogators of J&K Police and National Investigation Agency (NIA).
Dev was arrested yesterday as per the court records even as NIA chief Sharad Chandra Sinha had denied it in Delhi last night.
"...Whatever appeared in media regarding the course of investigation is speculative in nature and is denied," he had said.
Dev is accused of handing over draft mail three days before the blast to two high school children -- Shariq Ahmed and Abid Hussain. The two children were the first ones to have been arrested by the police for sending the mail.
As sleuths were still struggling for a breakthrough to trace the main perpetrators of the September seven blast, the sources said there was a possibility that the two could be part of a larger conspiracy behind the terror strike.
Dev is alleged links with a religious organisation and was picked up after detailed interrogation of the two boys arrested yesterday, the sources said. He is suspected to have been involved in brainwashing youths to join the militant ranks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH