Delhi HC blast: Police custody for 3rd accused
Kishtwar: The third person arrested in connection with the Delhi High Court blast -- Amir Abbas Dev -- was remanded to seven days of police custody by a local court to enable the security agencies to question him.
The accused was produced before Principal District and Sessions Judge Kishtwar today who remanded him to custody for questioning him at length for helping in sending an e-mail barely two hours after the September 07 blast.
He is being interrogated by a joint team of interrogators of J&K Police and National Investigation Agency (NIA).
Dev was arrested yesterday as per the court records even as NIA chief Sharad Chandra Sinha had denied it in Delhi last night.
"...Whatever appeared in media regarding the course of investigation is speculative in nature and is denied," he had said.
Dev is accused of handing over draft mail three days before the blast to two high school children -- Shariq Ahmed and Abid Hussain. The two children were the first ones to have been arrested by the police for sending the mail.
As sleuths were still struggling for a breakthrough to trace the main perpetrators of the September seven blast, the sources said there was a possibility that the two could be part of a larger conspiracy behind the terror strike.
Dev is alleged links with a religious organisation and was picked up after detailed interrogation of the two boys arrested yesterday, the sources said. He is suspected to have been involved in brainwashing youths to join the militant ranks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range