Delhi HC blast: Police custody for 3rd accused
Kishtwar: The third person arrested in connection with the Delhi High Court blast -- Amir Abbas Dev -- was remanded to seven days of police custody by a local court to enable the security agencies to question him.
The accused was produced before Principal District and Sessions Judge Kishtwar today who remanded him to custody for questioning him at length for helping in sending an e-mail barely two hours after the September 07 blast.
He is being interrogated by a joint team of interrogators of J&K Police and National Investigation Agency (NIA).
Dev was arrested yesterday as per the court records even as NIA chief Sharad Chandra Sinha had denied it in Delhi last night.
"...Whatever appeared in media regarding the course of investigation is speculative in nature and is denied," he had said.
Dev is accused of handing over draft mail three days before the blast to two high school children -- Shariq Ahmed and Abid Hussain. The two children were the first ones to have been arrested by the police for sending the mail.
As sleuths were still struggling for a breakthrough to trace the main perpetrators of the September seven blast, the sources said there was a possibility that the two could be part of a larger conspiracy behind the terror strike.
Dev is alleged links with a religious organisation and was picked up after detailed interrogation of the two boys arrested yesterday, the sources said. He is suspected to have been involved in brainwashing youths to join the militant ranks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter