Delhi HC dismisses paternity suit against ND Tiwari
New Delhi: In a relief to Andhra Pradesh
Governor N D Tiwari, the Delhi High Court on Tuesday dismissed a
paternity suit by a youth claiming that the veteran politician
is his biological father.
Justice S N Dhingra said that the suit filed by Rohit
Shekhar is not maintainable and allowed the plea of
84-year-old Tiwari who had sought dismissal of the petition.
Shekhar filed the suit claiming he was born out of an
intimate relationship between his mother Ujjwala Sharma and
Tiwari, which has been denied by the latter.
Tiwari was earlier directed by the court in November
2008 to file his reply.
During the proceedings, senior advocate Rajiv Nayyar,
appearing for Tiwari, had contended that Rohit`s plea was
barred under the time limitation and hence it was not
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Delhi L-G Najeeb Jung refuses AAP govt’s proposed app-based premium bus service scheme
- Final phase of Q4 results, progress of monsoon to guide market
- Attention tax evaders: From June 1, declare black money and come clean or else....
- Saqib Saleem all praises for Radhika Apte's 'knockout performance' in 'Phobia'!
- Arjun Rampal captures priceless moments from 'Kahaani 2'! – View pics