Delhi HC extends Chautala’s bail till July 22
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Thursday extended till July 22 the interim bail of former Haryana chief minister O P Chautala. The INLD leader has been granted the bail on health grounds, in connection with the JBT recruitment scam case.
Chautala was earlier granted an interim bail on May 23 for six weeks by the Delhi High Court to undergo a heart surgery.
The High Court had then asked the 78-year-old Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) chief to furnish a personal bond of Rs 5 lakh along with two sureties of like amount before the trial court as a pre-condition for his release on bail.
The High Court had also asked the former Haryana chief minister to surrender his passport with the trial court, besides asking him not to leave the National Capital Region without prior permission of the court.
The court had also directed Chautala to get himself admitted at Medanta Medicity within 24 hours of his release on bail for undergoing the surgery.
The High Court, however, gave liberty to the CBI to seek cancellation of his bail if any condition imposed is violated by Chautala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned for Rs 14 lakh
- Fourteen killed, over 20 wounded in suicide attack in Iraq's Kadhmiyah
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster
- Srinagar-Muzaffarbad bus service to resume tomorrow
- Congress to raise Kandhamal killings in Parliament