Delhi HC extends Chautala’s bail till July 22
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Thursday extended till July 22 the interim bail of former Haryana chief minister O P Chautala. The INLD leader has been granted the bail on health grounds, in connection with the JBT recruitment scam case.
Chautala was earlier granted an interim bail on May 23 for six weeks by the Delhi High Court to undergo a heart surgery.
The High Court had then asked the 78-year-old Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) chief to furnish a personal bond of Rs 5 lakh along with two sureties of like amount before the trial court as a pre-condition for his release on bail.
The High Court had also asked the former Haryana chief minister to surrender his passport with the trial court, besides asking him not to leave the National Capital Region without prior permission of the court.
The court had also directed Chautala to get himself admitted at Medanta Medicity within 24 hours of his release on bail for undergoing the surgery.
The High Court, however, gave liberty to the CBI to seek cancellation of his bail if any condition imposed is violated by Chautala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened