Delhi HC extends Chautala’s bail till July 22
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Thursday extended till July 22 the interim bail of former Haryana chief minister O P Chautala. The INLD leader has been granted the bail on health grounds, in connection with the JBT recruitment scam case.
Chautala was earlier granted an interim bail on May 23 for six weeks by the Delhi High Court to undergo a heart surgery.
The High Court had then asked the 78-year-old Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) chief to furnish a personal bond of Rs 5 lakh along with two sureties of like amount before the trial court as a pre-condition for his release on bail.
The High Court had also asked the former Haryana chief minister to surrender his passport with the trial court, besides asking him not to leave the National Capital Region without prior permission of the court.
The court had also directed Chautala to get himself admitted at Medanta Medicity within 24 hours of his release on bail for undergoing the surgery.
The High Court, however, gave liberty to the CBI to seek cancellation of his bail if any condition imposed is violated by Chautala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you