Delhi HC grants interim bail to Vishal Yadav
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Thursday granted interim bail to Vishal Yadav, undergoing life imprisonment in Nitish Katara murder case, till January 31 to allow him to attend his sister`s marriage.
A Division Bench comprising Justices Anil Kumar and Mool
Chand Garg, however, directed Vishal to remain within the NCR
region and restrained him from meeting any witnesses in the
Katara murder case.
The court allowed his bail plea and asked him to furnish
a personal bond of Rs one lakh and two sureties of the like
The Bench had on January 12 reserved the order after hearing arguments of the counsels of Vishal as well as of Delhi and UP Police.
City police had opposed the bail plea, however, the UP Police, in its status report, had said it had no objection if he would be granted bail but the accused should be allowed to attend the ceremony in the presence of police.
In the bail plea, Vishal had said his father was no more
and being the eldest son in the family, he has to perform the
rituals of his younger sister`s marriage and also to handle
the financial aspect.
Earlier, Vishal was granted five hours parole (5pm to
10pm) to attend his sister`s engagement function held on
January 3 in the presence of UP and Delhi policemen who were
directed to be in plain clothes.
Vishal and Vikas Yadav, nephew and son of controversial
Uttar Pradesh Politician DP Yadav respectively, were
convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment by a trial court
in May last year for killing Katara, son of a former IAS
officer, in February 2002 as they were against his intimacy
with Vikas`s sister Bharati Yadav
Vishal`s sister Sarika`s marriage is scheduled for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state