Delhi HC orders de-sealing of moblile phone towers
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Thursday directed the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) to de-seal the illegal mobile phone towers within five days if the telecom operators pay the licence fees fixed by the corporation.
A division bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justice Manmohan said that only those mobile towers would be de-sealed which were sealed due to payment problems.
The telecom operators will have to deposit the payment by July 14.
There are 5,364 mobile phone towers within MCD`s jurisdiction. Of these, 2,952 have been declared illegal for coming up without the civic agency`s authorisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?