Delhi HC orders de-sealing of moblile phone towers
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Thursday directed the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) to de-seal the illegal mobile phone towers within five days if the telecom operators pay the licence fees fixed by the corporation.
A division bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justice Manmohan said that only those mobile towers would be de-sealed which were sealed due to payment problems.
The telecom operators will have to deposit the payment by July 14.
There are 5,364 mobile phone towers within MCD`s jurisdiction. Of these, 2,952 have been declared illegal for coming up without the civic agency`s authorisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh