Delhi HC reserves judgement on Sajjan Kumar`s bail plea
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Monday
reserved its judgement on Congress leader Sajjan Kumar`s
anticipatory bail plea but refused to grant any relief to him
against whom non-bailable warrant has been issued by a lower
court in connection with the 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
"I will not do any job which is to be done by the
magistrate," Justice A K Pathak said when Kumar`s advocate
pleaded for interim relief in view of non-bailable warrant
issued against the politician for personal appearance by a
magistrate on Tuesday.
The court, however, said that it will try its best to
pass its order on his bail plea.
Due to non-appearance of Kumar in the trial court,
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Lokesh Kumar Sharma
had issued a non-bailable warrant against him.
CBI had charge-sheeted 12 people, including Kumar, on
January 13 in two separate 1984 riots cases for allegedly
making provocative speeches, leading to the killing of 12
people in the violence that had broken out following the
assassination of the then prime minister, Indira Gandhi.
The probe agency had filed the chargesheets in the
court after concluding its investigation into the cases
registered on the recommendation of the Nanavati Commission in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre