Delhi HC seeks details of Tatra-Vectra deal
New Delhi: The Centre was asked today to reply to Ravi Rishi-led Vectra group`s aviation firm, Global Vectra Helicorp Ltd`s plea against the government`s recent decision to withdraw its security clearance, leading the DGCA to scrap its permit to operate its fleet of choppers.
Issuing notice to the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) on the plea by GVHL, Justice Vipin Sanghi sought their replies by May 15.
The court also asked the MHA to place on its record by the next date of hearing the original files of the aviation firm, belonging to the Ravi Rishi’s Vectra group, which is the largest shareholder in Tatra Holdings owning the Czech truck manufacturer Tatra and is facing CBI probe for allegedly supplying trucks at exorbitant price to the Indian Army.
The court issued notices on GVHL`s petition, filed through its counsel Sandeep Bajaj.
The Ministry of Home Affairs on May 7 had withdrawn GVHL`s security clearance, leading the DGCA to scrap the firm`s permit to operate here.
Appearing for GVHL, senior counsel N K Kaul submitted the government has failed to establish the basis on which the decision was taken in the name of security.
He said the CBI probe against Ravi Rishi, who is one of the directors of the company and has three percent stake in it, cannot be the basis for blacklisting a company which has been supplying the choppers for various purposes in the country since 1998.
DGCA`s counsel Anjana Gosai said once the MHA withdraws the security clearance, the DGCA is bound to withdraw the permit to operate the helicopters.
With a fleet of 23 choppers, GVHL has on its clientele
various oil companies and caters to their various onshore and offshore service needs. It also caters to tourist travels in nnortheast India.
The firm also operates flights to major shrines like Vaishno Devi and during the Amarnath Yatra.
Vectra Group of companies is engaged in aviation, heavy engineering, real estate, information and technology and security systems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in