Delhi HC seeks details of Tatra-Vectra deal
New Delhi: The Centre was asked today to reply to Ravi Rishi-led Vectra group`s aviation firm, Global Vectra Helicorp Ltd`s plea against the government`s recent decision to withdraw its security clearance, leading the DGCA to scrap its permit to operate its fleet of choppers.
Issuing notice to the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) on the plea by GVHL, Justice Vipin Sanghi sought their replies by May 15.
The court also asked the MHA to place on its record by the next date of hearing the original files of the aviation firm, belonging to the Ravi Rishi’s Vectra group, which is the largest shareholder in Tatra Holdings owning the Czech truck manufacturer Tatra and is facing CBI probe for allegedly supplying trucks at exorbitant price to the Indian Army.
The court issued notices on GVHL`s petition, filed through its counsel Sandeep Bajaj.
The Ministry of Home Affairs on May 7 had withdrawn GVHL`s security clearance, leading the DGCA to scrap the firm`s permit to operate here.
Appearing for GVHL, senior counsel N K Kaul submitted the government has failed to establish the basis on which the decision was taken in the name of security.
He said the CBI probe against Ravi Rishi, who is one of the directors of the company and has three percent stake in it, cannot be the basis for blacklisting a company which has been supplying the choppers for various purposes in the country since 1998.
DGCA`s counsel Anjana Gosai said once the MHA withdraws the security clearance, the DGCA is bound to withdraw the permit to operate the helicopters.
With a fleet of 23 choppers, GVHL has on its clientele
various oil companies and caters to their various onshore and offshore service needs. It also caters to tourist travels in nnortheast India.
The firm also operates flights to major shrines like Vaishno Devi and during the Amarnath Yatra.
Vectra Group of companies is engaged in aviation, heavy engineering, real estate, information and technology and security systems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you