Delhi HC seeks report over plea on Anna stir`s funding
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Wednesday asked the central government to file a status report on a plea seeking a CBI probe against Team Anna members for allegedly receiving funds illegally from foreign organisations.
A division bench of Chief Justice D Murugesan and Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw granted three weeks to the home ministry to file the status report.
The court earlier gave the ministry three months to file the report, after Additional Solicitor General Rajeev Mehra informed it that "the ministry is under the process of filing the status report".
The court`s direction came on an application filed by advocate Manohar Lal Sharma saying that the government had failed to file the status report within three months granted May 30.
The court told the government to treat the petition as a representation and dispose it.
The petition alleged that Team Anna members received foreign funds for their agitation on Lokpal Bill in violation of the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act. It sought a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan