Delhi HC to hear Sajjan Kumar`s plea in 1984 anti-Sikh riots case
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court will on Friday hear the plea of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar seeking quashing of charges of murder and rioting against him, framed by a lower court, in a 1984 anti-Sikh riots case in which six people were killed in Sultanpuri .
The Delhi High Court had last month said that “further hearing is required” in the plea of the Congress leader Sajjan Kumar.
Justice Suresh Kait had said, “While dictating the judgement, I felt this matter should be heard further.”
The judgement was reserved in the case by the high court in December last year.
Also last month, a Delhi court had acquitted Sajjan Kumar in another 1984 anti-Sikh riots case.
District Judge JR Aryan had found Kumar not guilty in the case related to the killing of five people in Delhi Cantonment area following the assassination of then prime minister Indira Gandhi on October 31, 1984.
The court had, however, convicted five other accused in the case.
Sajjan Kumar was facing trial along with Balwan Khokkar, Mahender Yadav, Girdhari Lal, Kishan Khokkar and Captain Bhagmal for allegedly conspiring and inciting a mob against the Sikh community.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?