Delhi HC to hear Sajjan Kumar`s plea in 1984 anti-Sikh riots case
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court will on Friday hear the plea of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar seeking quashing of charges of murder and rioting against him, framed by a lower court, in a 1984 anti-Sikh riots case in which six people were killed in Sultanpuri .
The Delhi High Court had last month said that “further hearing is required” in the plea of the Congress leader Sajjan Kumar.
Justice Suresh Kait had said, “While dictating the judgement, I felt this matter should be heard further.”
The judgement was reserved in the case by the high court in December last year.
Also last month, a Delhi court had acquitted Sajjan Kumar in another 1984 anti-Sikh riots case.
District Judge JR Aryan had found Kumar not guilty in the case related to the killing of five people in Delhi Cantonment area following the assassination of then prime minister Indira Gandhi on October 31, 1984.
The court had, however, convicted five other accused in the case.
Sajjan Kumar was facing trial along with Balwan Khokkar, Mahender Yadav, Girdhari Lal, Kishan Khokkar and Captain Bhagmal for allegedly conspiring and inciting a mob against the Sikh community.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price