Delhi HC to hear Sajjan Kumar`s plea in 1984 anti-Sikh riots case
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court will on Friday hear the plea of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar seeking quashing of charges of murder and rioting against him, framed by a lower court, in a 1984 anti-Sikh riots case in which six people were killed in Sultanpuri .
The Delhi High Court had last month said that “further hearing is required” in the plea of the Congress leader Sajjan Kumar.
Justice Suresh Kait had said, “While dictating the judgement, I felt this matter should be heard further.”
The judgement was reserved in the case by the high court in December last year.
Also last month, a Delhi court had acquitted Sajjan Kumar in another 1984 anti-Sikh riots case.
District Judge JR Aryan had found Kumar not guilty in the case related to the killing of five people in Delhi Cantonment area following the assassination of then prime minister Indira Gandhi on October 31, 1984.
The court had, however, convicted five other accused in the case.
Sajjan Kumar was facing trial along with Balwan Khokkar, Mahender Yadav, Girdhari Lal, Kishan Khokkar and Captain Bhagmal for allegedly conspiring and inciting a mob against the Sikh community.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest