Delhi HC to hear Sajjan Kumar`s plea in 1984 anti-Sikh riots case
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court will on Friday hear the plea of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar seeking quashing of charges of murder and rioting against him, framed by a lower court, in a 1984 anti-Sikh riots case in which six people were killed in Sultanpuri .
The Delhi High Court had last month said that “further hearing is required” in the plea of the Congress leader Sajjan Kumar.
Justice Suresh Kait had said, “While dictating the judgement, I felt this matter should be heard further.”
The judgement was reserved in the case by the high court in December last year.
Also last month, a Delhi court had acquitted Sajjan Kumar in another 1984 anti-Sikh riots case.
District Judge JR Aryan had found Kumar not guilty in the case related to the killing of five people in Delhi Cantonment area following the assassination of then prime minister Indira Gandhi on October 31, 1984.
The court had, however, convicted five other accused in the case.
Sajjan Kumar was facing trial along with Balwan Khokkar, Mahender Yadav, Girdhari Lal, Kishan Khokkar and Captain Bhagmal for allegedly conspiring and inciting a mob against the Sikh community.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested