Delhi High Court blast a cowardly act: PM
Dhaka: Denouncing the blast outside the
Delhi High Court as a "cowardly act of terrorist nature,"
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today asked all political
parties to unite and crush the scourge.
"I just heard the sad news from Delhi about the bomb
blast. I am told that 10 people have been killed. This is
cowardly act of terrorist nature. We will deal with it. We
will never succumb to the pressure of terrorism," Singh said.
He said "this is a long war in which all political
parties, all the people of India have to stand united so that
the scourge of terrorism is crushed".
"My heart goes out to the bereaved families and to those
who are injured I convey my best wishes," he said in a
statement to the Indian journalists accompanying him on his
two-day visit here.
Singh said he has spoken to Home Minister P Chidambaram
on the incident.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion