Delhi High Court blast: Death toll rises to 14
New Delhi: A 34-year-old victim of the Delhi High Court blast succumbed to injuries at a hospital on Thursday morning, taking the toll in the terror attack to 14.
Mridul Bakshi, who was seriously injured in the blast on September 7, died around 4 AM, doctors at the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital said.
Doctors said Bakshi had suffered multiple injuries on his head, chest, hands and legs.
Mridul, a resident of Okhla in south Delhi, is survived by his wife and a six-month-old son.
His brother Vinod Bakshi said that Mridul, who was working in the marketing field, had gone to the High Court on that fateful day for some official work. Mridul was blessed with a child after six years of marriage.
While 13 victims of the blast have been recently discharged, 25 others continue to undergo treatment in different city hospitals.
Besides 12 patients who are now admitted with the RML Hospital, four victims are undergoing treatment at Safdarjung Hospital, five at AIIMS, two at Max Hospital and one each at Moolchand and LNJP hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!