Delhi High Court stays proceedings against Subrato Roy in cheating case
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Tuesday stayed
the proceedings against Subrato Roy, Chairman of Sahara India
Group, before a lower court which had issued a bailable
warrant against him in a case of alleged cheating and forgery
in a housing project launched by his company.
Justice Ajit Bharihoke said the proceedings and the
execution of the warrants against Roy and four other company
officials would remain stayed till May 10, the next date of
Earlier, the court of Chief Metropolitan Magistrate had
directed the Delhi Police to execute the warrant against Roy
and others by February 9.
The warrant was issued on a complaint filed by Neeraj
Pandey who has alleged that the company has not started the housing
project despite getting a payment of Rs one lakh in 2003.
He has alleged that the company had launched the scheme Sahara
Swarn Yojna for developing 217 townships all over the country
including the NCR region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Sonam Kapoor in awe of Anamika Khanna, stuns in beige drape- Pic you cannot miss!
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! When The Great Khali crushed two opponents in under a minute!
- Microsoft improves OneDrive photos, adds 'Pokemon Go' detector
- Munich attack: Facebook activates safety check tool
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week