Delhi hospital did treat Pak suicide attacker
New Delhi: A Pakistani patient, owned by his country`s Army as a "matryr" and "suicide" attacker and an operative of the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), was indeed treated in Delhi`s Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, where he died three years ago, enquiries have revealed.
According to hospital sources, a Pakistani patient named Zulfiqar Ahmed was admitted in the multi-speciality private medical facility in November 2007.
"He died of renal failure," an official at the hospital said, requesting anonymity because "our legal section is digging deeper into the case before coming on record".
The sources said that the hospital was looking into the records to find more about the patient, who according to the Pakistan Army website was on a "suicide attack" operation.
"It is a three-year-old record and it will take time to examine," another official said, as the hospital administration refused to say another more.
The Pakistani Army`s website - www.pakistanarmy.gov.pk - claimed that an ISI operative who was on a "suicide attack" operation died in a New Delhi hospital on November 16, 2007.
The posting was in the "Shuhada`s (martyrs`) corner" of the website, which had previously revealed the list of Pakistan`s dead in the 1999 Kargil operation.
It named the operative as Zulfiqar Ahmed, his Army number as 1726016 and his rank as naik.
The operative, the website claims, died of kidney failure and acute respiratory infection at New Delhi`s Ganga Ram Hospital.
The website however doesn`t mention where the operation was to be conducted as there was no suicide attack in Delhi or in nearby areas in or around November 2007.
The major terror attack in India before November 2007 were the Lumbini Park and Gokul Chat bombings in Hyderabad on August 25 that year, in which 42 people were killed.
The martyr`s section lists 25 ISI operatives, with varying causes of death. Besides Ahmed, one more ISI agent who died in India in May 1973 is identified as Lance Naik Abdul Ghani.
Indian Army Chief General VK Singh, reacting to the postings, said it has exposed the Pakistan Army`s "intentions".
"I have nothing to say on what they (the Pakistan Army) have put up on its website. But if it has, then it clearly show what their intentions and ways are and what their next move will be," Singh told reporters here when asked about the Pakistan Army`s website posting.
The Army Chief also said that India needed to be "more alert".
"All I can say is we have to be more alert and only then we can protect the people and our troops," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi