Delhi-Jaipur double-decker train flagged off
New Delhi: Passengers to Jaipur can now take a ride on AC double-decker train with Railways on Friday flagging off the service heralding a new era in passenger transportation.
The train will run between Delhi`s Sarai Rohilla and Jaipur and carry 120 passengers in a coach as compared to about 80 passengers in a conventional coach. A ticket will cost Rs 347.
The train will leave from here at 5.35 PM and arrive in the Pink city at 10.05 PM the same day.
In the return direction, commencing regular services from August 25, the Jaipur-Delhi Sarai Rohilla Double Decker AC will depart from Jaipur daily at 6 AM to reach Delhi Sarai Rohilla at 10.30 AM the same day.
Comprising eight AC chair car coaches and two power cars, the double-decker AC train services will stop for 2 minutes each at Delhi Cantt., Gurgaon and Gandhi Nagar, Jaipur stations enroute in both directions.
Railway Minister Mukul Roy flagged off the train at a function here which was attended by Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit and a host of other political leaders and senior railway officials.
In all, railways proposes to introduce five AC double- decker trains across the country, the first of which started running last year between Howrah and Dhanbad. Mumbai- Ahmedabad is next in the line to have a doble-decker train.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported