Delhi-Jaipur double-decker train flagged off
New Delhi: Passengers to Jaipur can now take a ride on AC double-decker train with Railways on Friday flagging off the service heralding a new era in passenger transportation.
The train will run between Delhi`s Sarai Rohilla and Jaipur and carry 120 passengers in a coach as compared to about 80 passengers in a conventional coach. A ticket will cost Rs 347.
The train will leave from here at 5.35 PM and arrive in the Pink city at 10.05 PM the same day.
In the return direction, commencing regular services from August 25, the Jaipur-Delhi Sarai Rohilla Double Decker AC will depart from Jaipur daily at 6 AM to reach Delhi Sarai Rohilla at 10.30 AM the same day.
Comprising eight AC chair car coaches and two power cars, the double-decker AC train services will stop for 2 minutes each at Delhi Cantt., Gurgaon and Gandhi Nagar, Jaipur stations enroute in both directions.
Railway Minister Mukul Roy flagged off the train at a function here which was attended by Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit and a host of other political leaders and senior railway officials.
In all, railways proposes to introduce five AC double- decker trains across the country, the first of which started running last year between Howrah and Dhanbad. Mumbai- Ahmedabad is next in the line to have a doble-decker train.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials