Delhi LG meets PM Modi, discusses political situation in capital
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: Najeeb Jung, the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi, on Wednesday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the South Block.
While the PMO described the meeting a `courtesy call`, reports said the LG apprised the PM of the prevailing political situation in Delhi where the President`s rule is imposed and the Legislative Assembly is in a suspended animation.
“Lt Governor of Delhi Najeeb Jung called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi at South Block yesterday evening. It was courtesy meeting and Mr Jung conveyed his best wishes to the Prime Minister,” the PIB said in a release on its website.
The PMO tweeted this morning:
— Narendra Modi (@PMOIndia) May 29, 2014
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users