Delhi LG meets PM Modi, discusses political situation in capital
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: Najeeb Jung, the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi, on Wednesday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the South Block.
While the PMO described the meeting a `courtesy call`, reports said the LG apprised the PM of the prevailing political situation in Delhi where the President`s rule is imposed and the Legislative Assembly is in a suspended animation.
“Lt Governor of Delhi Najeeb Jung called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi at South Block yesterday evening. It was courtesy meeting and Mr Jung conveyed his best wishes to the Prime Minister,” the PIB said in a release on its website.
The PMO tweeted this morning:
— Narendra Modi (@PMOIndia) May 29, 2014
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video