Delhi Metro’s Inderlok-Mundka line likely by weekend
New Delhi: DMRC`s Inderlok-Mundka line,
the country`s first standard gauge corridor, is likely to be
inaugurated this weekend with the Commissioner of Metro Rail
Safety on Tuesday concluding his two-day inspection of the route.
Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety RK Kardam inspected
the 15.1 km corridor that would benefit lakhs of people in the
national capital`s west and northwest areas.
Though he has not yet given the formal no-objection
certificate to the DMRC, official sources said he is likely to
give a green signal tomorrow. The launch is likely to take
place on Friday.
The corridor, also called the Green Line, will connect
two existing stations -- Inderlok (on Dilshad Garden-Rithala
line) and Kirti Nagar (on Dwarka Sec 9-Noida City Centre/Anand
DMRC had earlier said it would inaugurate the
Inderlok-Mundka line by March 31 as per schedule.
This will be the first standard gauge metro line in
the country. DMRC`s other lines are broad gauge. This will
make the Delhi Metro probably the only Metro in the world,
which will operate on both standard gauge and broad gauge in
the same city.
Standard gauge lines have a width of 4 feet x 8.5
inches between the tracks while broad gauge lines have a width
of 5 feet x 6 inches between the tracks.
DMRC projects that at least 2.5 lakh commuters would
be added to Metro`s expanding network in the capital by the
end of 2010 with the opening of the Mundka-Inderlok line.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks