Delhi-Mumbai train traffic hit after derailment
Agra: Several trains on the busy Delhi-Mumbai corridor were delayed for several hours Wednesday when a goods train derailed at the Jadui station near here.
Five bogies of the goods train derailed at 4.45 am at Jadui station, 30 km from Agra, in Jhansi division, officials said. Amongst the trains held up were the Rajdhani, Shatabdi Express, Chhattisgarh Express, Punjab Mail, and Taj Express.
"As soon as we got the information, senior officials rushed to the site and got the downline started. The Rajdhani and the Shatabdi were the first to move out around 11.30 am; a few trains were diverted via Mathura," said a railways official.
"It is a very important trunk route connecting the whole of south and west. Our priority is to get the track in order at the soonest," added another official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah