Delhi-Noida metro trains to start running by end of 2009
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) Friday said its Delhi-Noida section will be operational by the end of 2009.
"The metro on Yamuna Bank to Noida section is likely to start by the first week of December this year. The opening of the section depends on delivery of trains, which are likely to come by November," E Sreedharan, DMRC managing director, told reporters here.
The 13.1 km elevated Yamuna Bank-Noida stretch, with 10 stations, will be an extension of the existing Dwarka Sector 9 to Yamuna Bank section. The stretch was scheduled to be opened June 2009.
DMRC Friday commissioned its new broad gauge train on the Central Secretariat-Jahangirpuri line.
Sreedharan said that DMRC`s next priority will be to open the Yamuna Bank-Anand Vihar section by December or January 2010.
The DMRC has procured metro coaches from Bombardier, a Canadian company.
"We want no anxiety to be there with regard to safety of the Delhi metro and 11 cantilever pillars in the line are undergoing strengthening and are being double checked," said Sreedharan.
"Bombardier has gathered a team of foreign experts to assess the performance of the metro coaches before delivery. Of the 83 metro coaches procured from the company, nine have already arrived and the rest will come from the company`s Baroda plant in Gujarat," he said.
The much-awaited Noida corridor will be the first metro rail project connecting the NCR. Once operational, it will be the longest line (58 km) of the Delhi metro, directly connecting Dwarka Sector 9 to Noida City Centre in Sector 32.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery