Delhi on guard, crowded areas under police scanner
New Delhi: Elaborate security arrangements have been made in all crowded areas of the national capital in the wake of a terror alert issued by the US and three other countries, police said Sunday.
"Delhi police are not just concentrating on markets and malls in the national capital, but we are also keeping strict vigil on all crowded areas as it`s a weekend," Delhi Police spokesman Rajan Bhagat said.
"Additional police forces are being deployed in all the market areas like Connaught Place, Mehrauli, Karol Bagh, Sarojini Nagar and Chandni Chowk. Even big malls in and around the city have been alerted on security checks," he said.
Soon after the terror alert, the Delhi Police appealed to the public to be vigilant. "If any suspicious object, person or vehicle is noticed, information should be passed on immediately to the nearest police station, or the public can call up toll free number - 1090," Bhagat said.
The city has been on high alert following security advisories by the US, Australia, Britain and Canada Saturday that warned their respective citizens of "increased indications" of terrorists planning "imminent attacks" in Delhi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living