Delhi on high alert after blast near HC
New Delhi: Delhi Police have sounded a high alert across the capital after a low intensity blast occurred in the parking lot of the Delhi High Court Wednesday afternoon.
"We have given a security alert across the city, particularly to all the markets and crowded areas. Security has been beefed up in crowded places and extra personnel have been deployed," Dhermendra Kumar, special commissioner of police for law and order said.
According to police, the low intensity explosion caused by a crude bomb occurred around 1.15 p.m. close to a Ford Figo car in the parking outside the high court, close to the ruins of an old monument.
There was no casualty or damage, officials said.
"A small packet was kept outside a car in the parking near gate number seven of the Delhi High Court," Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations