Delhi on high alert after blast near HC
New Delhi: Delhi Police have sounded a high alert across the capital after a low intensity blast occurred in the parking lot of the Delhi High Court Wednesday afternoon.
"We have given a security alert across the city, particularly to all the markets and crowded areas. Security has been beefed up in crowded places and extra personnel have been deployed," Dhermendra Kumar, special commissioner of police for law and order said.
According to police, the low intensity explosion caused by a crude bomb occurred around 1.15 p.m. close to a Ford Figo car in the parking outside the high court, close to the ruins of an old monument.
There was no casualty or damage, officials said.
"A small packet was kept outside a car in the parking near gate number seven of the Delhi High Court," Kumar said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India