Delhi on high alert after blast near HC
New Delhi: Delhi Police have sounded a high alert across the capital after a low intensity blast occurred in the parking lot of the Delhi High Court Wednesday afternoon.
"We have given a security alert across the city, particularly to all the markets and crowded areas. Security has been beefed up in crowded places and extra personnel have been deployed," Dhermendra Kumar, special commissioner of police for law and order said.
According to police, the low intensity explosion caused by a crude bomb occurred around 1.15 p.m. close to a Ford Figo car in the parking outside the high court, close to the ruins of an old monument.
There was no casualty or damage, officials said.
"A small packet was kept outside a car in the parking near gate number seven of the Delhi High Court," Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!