Delhi on high alert after blast near HC
New Delhi: Delhi Police have sounded a high alert across the capital after a low intensity blast occurred in the parking lot of the Delhi High Court Wednesday afternoon.
"We have given a security alert across the city, particularly to all the markets and crowded areas. Security has been beefed up in crowded places and extra personnel have been deployed," Dhermendra Kumar, special commissioner of police for law and order said.
According to police, the low intensity explosion caused by a crude bomb occurred around 1.15 p.m. close to a Ford Figo car in the parking outside the high court, close to the ruins of an old monument.
There was no casualty or damage, officials said.
"A small packet was kept outside a car in the parking near gate number seven of the Delhi High Court," Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province
- Kamal Haasan still under medical care in hospital
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46
- PNB Housing Finance readies Rs 2,500-crore IPO, heads to tier 2, 3 cities
- Guess which state has max urban net subscribers; Maha, Delhi tied in 2nd spot