Delhi on high alert after blast near HC
New Delhi: Delhi Police have sounded a high alert across the capital after a low intensity blast occurred in the parking lot of the Delhi High Court Wednesday afternoon.
"We have given a security alert across the city, particularly to all the markets and crowded areas. Security has been beefed up in crowded places and extra personnel have been deployed," Dhermendra Kumar, special commissioner of police for law and order said.
According to police, the low intensity explosion caused by a crude bomb occurred around 1.15 p.m. close to a Ford Figo car in the parking outside the high court, close to the ruins of an old monument.
There was no casualty or damage, officials said.
"A small packet was kept outside a car in the parking near gate number seven of the Delhi High Court," Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 : BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared at biharboard.bih.nic.in, www.biharboard.net
- US snubs Pakistan, says India's entry to nuclear club is not about arms
- Congress to hold legislature party meeting in Puducherry today, decision on CM candidate likely