Delhi Police ASI shot dead in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: A Delhi Police officer was shot dead by unidentified assailants in a village in Chitrakoot district where he had gone in connection with a robbery case, a senior police officer said on Friday.
A police team led by assistant sub-inspector Jai Bhagwan Sharma and constable Gauri Shanker had gone to Bilhari village under Bahilpura police station to nab one of the accused in the case when the former was shot at in the head, said SP City, Chitrakoot, K B Singh.
Sharma was rushed to the hospital but he succumbed to his injuries, he said.
The team had come to the village in connection with the robbery of Rs eight lakh in outer Delhi, Singh said, adding that the local police was not informed about the same.
Singh said Delhi Police had received information that one of the accused, Prem Chand Yadav, was in the village and therefore, had come to the house of Yadav`s brother, Phool Chand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police