Delhi Police ASI shot dead in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: A Delhi Police officer was shot dead by unidentified assailants in a village in Chitrakoot district where he had gone in connection with a robbery case, a senior police officer said on Friday.
A police team led by assistant sub-inspector Jai Bhagwan Sharma and constable Gauri Shanker had gone to Bilhari village under Bahilpura police station to nab one of the accused in the case when the former was shot at in the head, said SP City, Chitrakoot, K B Singh.
Sharma was rushed to the hospital but he succumbed to his injuries, he said.
The team had come to the village in connection with the robbery of Rs eight lakh in outer Delhi, Singh said, adding that the local police was not informed about the same.
Singh said Delhi Police had received information that one of the accused, Prem Chand Yadav, was in the village and therefore, had come to the house of Yadav`s brother, Phool Chand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say