Delhi Police chief Bassi praises DMRC for ITO subway
New Delhi: Police Commissioner Bhim Sen Bassi praised the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) for the launch of a subway at the highly congested ITO crossing. Saying that the subway will drastically reduce accidents caused by pedestrians crossing the road, he said that this was a step which was taken for the safety of pedestrians.
This subway, which will link up with the upcoming metro station at ITO, will connect the Police Headquarters to the Institute of Engineers and will also be open to those not travelling by metro.
"Delhi sees a lot of road accidents, with almost 2 lakh fatalities a year. Of this number, our analysis states that 40-50% of all casualties are pedestrians. As road safety is one of our priorities, I`d like to thank DMRC for launching this subway," Bassi said.
Guarantee the safety of the subway, Bassi praised DMRC for providing security at all of their facilities, especially for women. He also assured that police officers from the nearby IP estate police station would patrol the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch