Delhi Police chief Bassi praises DMRC for ITO subway
New Delhi: Police Commissioner Bhim Sen Bassi praised the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) for the launch of a subway at the highly congested ITO crossing. Saying that the subway will drastically reduce accidents caused by pedestrians crossing the road, he said that this was a step which was taken for the safety of pedestrians.
This subway, which will link up with the upcoming metro station at ITO, will connect the Police Headquarters to the Institute of Engineers and will also be open to those not travelling by metro.
"Delhi sees a lot of road accidents, with almost 2 lakh fatalities a year. Of this number, our analysis states that 40-50% of all casualties are pedestrians. As road safety is one of our priorities, I`d like to thank DMRC for launching this subway," Bassi said.
Guarantee the safety of the subway, Bassi praised DMRC for providing security at all of their facilities, especially for women. He also assured that police officers from the nearby IP estate police station would patrol the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!