Delhi Police chief Bassi praises DMRC for ITO subway
New Delhi: Police Commissioner Bhim Sen Bassi praised the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) for the launch of a subway at the highly congested ITO crossing. Saying that the subway will drastically reduce accidents caused by pedestrians crossing the road, he said that this was a step which was taken for the safety of pedestrians.
This subway, which will link up with the upcoming metro station at ITO, will connect the Police Headquarters to the Institute of Engineers and will also be open to those not travelling by metro.
"Delhi sees a lot of road accidents, with almost 2 lakh fatalities a year. Of this number, our analysis states that 40-50% of all casualties are pedestrians. As road safety is one of our priorities, I`d like to thank DMRC for launching this subway," Bassi said.
Guarantee the safety of the subway, Bassi praised DMRC for providing security at all of their facilities, especially for women. He also assured that police officers from the nearby IP estate police station would patrol the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack