Delhi Police chief refutes CM`s charges
New Delhi: Under attack from Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar on Wednesday wrote to the Home Ministry rebutting charges that police had interfered when a magistrate was recording the statement of Delhi gang-rape victim.
In his letter, Kumar refuted the allegation that police had forced a questionnaire on the Sub Divisional Magistrate who recorded the statement of the rape victim and had refused its videography.
The Police Commissioner said it was police which had insisted that the statement of the girl be recorded as her condition was getting worse with every passing day.
Kumar also said investigation was the job of the police and it was doing its best to get justice to the victim.
Earlier, Dikshit shot off a letter to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde citing a communication to her by Deputy Commissioner (East) B M Mishra that SDM Usha Chaturvedi had complained that senior police officials` interfered while she was recording the statement of the victim.
Meanwhile, the Home Ministry today said it has decided to take "immediate appropriate action" on the controversy.
"The Home Ministry has received Delhi Chief Minister`s complaint letter as well as a letter from the Police Commissioner refuting the charges. The Ministry has taken note of the two letters and decided to take immediate appropriate action," an official said without elaborating.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know