Delhi Police close to cracking Radhika murder case
New Delhi: Forty-eight hours after the sensational broad day-light murder of the Delhi University student Radhika Tanwar, Delhi Police have reportedly come closer to solving the case as the killer has almost been `identified`.
According to reports, Delhi Police is likely to make a formal announcement in a press conference this evening to clear the air as to who killed the BA second year student of Ram Lal Anand College.
If the sources are to be believed, Delhi Police have collected evidence pointing to the involvement of someone very close to the deceased girl. However, it is yet to reveal the name of the killer.
In a bid to nab the killer, the Delhi Police today conducted raids at various places and have been monitoring the movement of those suspected in this case.
Radhika was shot dead on March 08, while she was crossing the foot over-bridge near Satya Niketan on March
Delhi Police yesterday released the sketch of the suspect, who is believed to have killed Radhika, and appealed to the public to come forward and be a witness in the case.
HGS Dhaliwal, Deputy Commissioner of Police, while addressing a press conference, said that the names of the witnesses would be kept secret and provided with adequate security.
While the investigations were on, reports also emerged that the BA second year student of Ram Lal Anand College was being stalked and harassed.
A leading newspaper reported that Radhika had confided this to one of her friends.
According to one of the Radhika’s friend, Aditya, alias Kuldeep, told police that the deceased received threat calls and was very disturbed.
Aditya told police that she was tensed about this and a similar incident had taken place two years ago, the report said.
Aditya and another classmate Sanjay Sharma were questioned by the police on Wednesday.
Interestingly, Radhika’ parents on Thursday denied any such reports of her daughter being stalked by anybody.
Speaking to a news channel, Radika’s father said, “The killer should be arrested immediately.” “Police is not doing anything,” he added.
"If Radhika had any fear, she would have told us, I am her mother, I know her,” her mother responded when she was asked about the reports of her daughter being stalked in the past. “My daughter should get justice. The killer should be handed over to us, I will kill him,” the aggrieved mother said.
The Delhi Police have also examined the records of Radhika’s long conversations with three friends.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees