Delhi Police close to cracking Radhika murder case
New Delhi: Forty-eight hours after the sensational broad day-light murder of the Delhi University student Radhika Tanwar, Delhi Police have reportedly come closer to solving the case as the killer has almost been `identified`.
According to reports, Delhi Police is likely to make a formal announcement in a press conference this evening to clear the air as to who killed the BA second year student of Ram Lal Anand College.
If the sources are to be believed, Delhi Police have collected evidence pointing to the involvement of someone very close to the deceased girl. However, it is yet to reveal the name of the killer.
In a bid to nab the killer, the Delhi Police today conducted raids at various places and have been monitoring the movement of those suspected in this case.
Radhika was shot dead on March 08, while she was crossing the foot over-bridge near Satya Niketan on March
Delhi Police yesterday released the sketch of the suspect, who is believed to have killed Radhika, and appealed to the public to come forward and be a witness in the case.
HGS Dhaliwal, Deputy Commissioner of Police, while addressing a press conference, said that the names of the witnesses would be kept secret and provided with adequate security.
While the investigations were on, reports also emerged that the BA second year student of Ram Lal Anand College was being stalked and harassed.
A leading newspaper reported that Radhika had confided this to one of her friends.
According to one of the Radhika’s friend, Aditya, alias Kuldeep, told police that the deceased received threat calls and was very disturbed.
Aditya told police that she was tensed about this and a similar incident had taken place two years ago, the report said.
Aditya and another classmate Sanjay Sharma were questioned by the police on Wednesday.
Interestingly, Radhika’ parents on Thursday denied any such reports of her daughter being stalked by anybody.
Speaking to a news channel, Radika’s father said, “The killer should be arrested immediately.” “Police is not doing anything,” he added.
"If Radhika had any fear, she would have told us, I am her mother, I know her,” her mother responded when she was asked about the reports of her daughter being stalked in the past. “My daughter should get justice. The killer should be handed over to us, I will kill him,” the aggrieved mother said.
The Delhi Police have also examined the records of Radhika’s long conversations with three friends.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Google unveils Android Nougat for Nexus devices
- BSNL waives installation charges on new landline connections
- Xiaomi Mi 5 gets a huge price cut; know the new rate here
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin poses as journalist during Carlos Brathwaite's press conference
- Rio Olympics fallout: Sports Ministry sets up inquiry to probe apathy in OP Jaisha's case