Delhi Police crack gang of cheaters, arrest two persons
New Delhi: Delhi Police Friday claimed to
have cracked a newly-formed gang of cheaters in the capital
with the arrest of two youths, who allegedly took possession
of 100 kg of brass scrap.
The arrested have been identified as Sudhir Kumar (32)
and Ajit Singh (33), Chhaya Sharma, Deputy Commissioner of
Police (Outer), said.
The arrests came following the complaint of Suresh
Mandowra, Director of Valbhav Laxmi Impex in Shahbad-
Daulatpur, that he was cheated by two youths of Rs two
lakh on 600 kgs brass and copper scrap material).
"The youths did not pay for the material he bought
from Mandowra. They loaded the scrap in their vehicle. While
one of them stayed at the office, the other left the place
with the scrap saying he will return after withdrawing cash.
"After a few minutes, the other accused had also
slipped from the office on some pretext. However, no one
returned. When the complainant enquired with ICICI`s Rohini
branch they informed him that there was no company in their
rolls in the name of Sonia Welding Industries as mentioned by
the youths," Sharma said.
On a tip off, the youths were arrested from Mongolpuri
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH