Delhi Police issues traffic advisory for R-Day
New Delhi: Ahead of Republic Day, Delhi Police today issued a traffic advisory asking people to avoid roads leading to Rajpath in the morning hours on January 26 as it would remain closed for vehicles.
The parade will start around 9.50 AM from Vijay Chowk and end at the Red Fort.
"No vehicle will be allowed to ply on Rajpath after 6 PM tomorrow till the closure of Republic Day function. No traffic will be allowed on Tilak Marg, BSZ Marg, Netaji Subhash Marg upto Red Fort after 4 AM on Jan 26," the advisory said.
However, the cross traffic on route of the parade at Dr Dinesh Nandini Dalmia Chowk, RC Aggarwal Chowk (A Point), Delhi Gate and beyond will be allowed depending upon the progress of the parade.
Several roads such as Kautilya Marg, Aurangzeb Road, Subramaniam Bharti Marg, Mathura Road, Bhagwan Dass Road, Feroze Road, Ashoka Road, Baba Kharak Singh Marg, Mother Teresa Crescent and Sardar Patel Marg will be restricted.
"Only labelled vehicles of the invitees and vehicles of bonafide residents of this area shall be permitted from 6 AM to enter till conclusion of the parade at about 12.30 PM on Sunday," said Additional Commissioner of Police (Traffic) Anil Shukla.
The advisory has also specified that invitees and other spectators must acquaint themselves with the location of their seating enclosures and the parking lots.
As a part of security arrangements, metro train services will be available for commuters except between Rajiv Chowk and Jor Bagh where they cannot board or de-board.
"There would be elaborate traffic arrangements to facilitate the movement of VIP vehicles, invitees and general public to reach the place of function and also to ensure safe and smooth flow of traffic in other parts of the city during the parade," said Shukla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened