Delhi Police knew of threat to gang-rape accused Ram Singh?
New Delhi: In a shocking revelation, it has emerged that the Delhi Police knew of the threat to gang-rape accused Ram Singh`s life.
As per a English news channel, the police had intercepted calls which revelealed that the gang-rape accused could be killed while taking to the court.
Several calls were made from inside the Tihar jail in January this year which confirmed of the plot to kill Ram Singh, as per reports. The calls were apparently made by a prisoner Amit Shukla who has been accuse of murdering journalist Soumya Vishwanathan.
As per reports, the jail officials were informed about the threat by the police. Follwing the threat to Ram Singh`s life, commandos were deployed outside his cell.
However, as per preliminary post mortem report, Ram Singh had died due to hanging, ruling out the possibility that he was strangulated to death.
Reports said Ram Singh’s body had no antemortem injuries (injuries a body has received before death. They may be a contributing factor in the death or even its cause. Alternatively, they may occur many years ago).
The time death of was between 4.30 am and 4.45 am, as per the autopsy report.
Importantly, the big question is whether Ram Singh hanged himself or was he hanged by someone else - the post mortem is not clear on whether he committed suicide.
Meanwhile, defence lawyer Manoj Tomar said that he had seen Ram Singh‘s body. As per him, the body had multiple injuries with right collar bone being damaged. There were scratch marks on the body, Tomar said, adding, “Ram Singh did not commit suicide.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city