Delhi Police knew of threat to gang-rape accused Ram Singh?
New Delhi: In a shocking revelation, it has emerged that the Delhi Police knew of the threat to gang-rape accused Ram Singh`s life.
As per a English news channel, the police had intercepted calls which revelealed that the gang-rape accused could be killed while taking to the court.
Several calls were made from inside the Tihar jail in January this year which confirmed of the plot to kill Ram Singh, as per reports. The calls were apparently made by a prisoner Amit Shukla who has been accuse of murdering journalist Soumya Vishwanathan.
As per reports, the jail officials were informed about the threat by the police. Follwing the threat to Ram Singh`s life, commandos were deployed outside his cell.
However, as per preliminary post mortem report, Ram Singh had died due to hanging, ruling out the possibility that he was strangulated to death.
Reports said Ram Singh’s body had no antemortem injuries (injuries a body has received before death. They may be a contributing factor in the death or even its cause. Alternatively, they may occur many years ago).
The time death of was between 4.30 am and 4.45 am, as per the autopsy report.
Importantly, the big question is whether Ram Singh hanged himself or was he hanged by someone else - the post mortem is not clear on whether he committed suicide.
Meanwhile, defence lawyer Manoj Tomar said that he had seen Ram Singh‘s body. As per him, the body had multiple injuries with right collar bone being damaged. There were scratch marks on the body, Tomar said, adding, “Ram Singh did not commit suicide.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks