Delhi Police knew of threat to gang-rape accused Ram Singh?
New Delhi: In a shocking revelation, it has emerged that the Delhi Police knew of the threat to gang-rape accused Ram Singh`s life.
As per a English news channel, the police had intercepted calls which revelealed that the gang-rape accused could be killed while taking to the court.
Several calls were made from inside the Tihar jail in January this year which confirmed of the plot to kill Ram Singh, as per reports. The calls were apparently made by a prisoner Amit Shukla who has been accuse of murdering journalist Soumya Vishwanathan.
As per reports, the jail officials were informed about the threat by the police. Follwing the threat to Ram Singh`s life, commandos were deployed outside his cell.
However, as per preliminary post mortem report, Ram Singh had died due to hanging, ruling out the possibility that he was strangulated to death.
Reports said Ram Singh’s body had no antemortem injuries (injuries a body has received before death. They may be a contributing factor in the death or even its cause. Alternatively, they may occur many years ago).
The time death of was between 4.30 am and 4.45 am, as per the autopsy report.
Importantly, the big question is whether Ram Singh hanged himself or was he hanged by someone else - the post mortem is not clear on whether he committed suicide.
Meanwhile, defence lawyer Manoj Tomar said that he had seen Ram Singh‘s body. As per him, the body had multiple injuries with right collar bone being damaged. There were scratch marks on the body, Tomar said, adding, “Ram Singh did not commit suicide.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state