Delhi Police nab six Indian Mujahideen operatives
New Delhi: In a big breakthrough, the Delhi Police are reported to have arrested six suspected terrorists who were involved in various bomb blast and firing cases across the country.
Sources said the six belong to the banned Indian Mujahideen terror group. Two each of the six were arrested from Delhi, Chennai and Bihar.
Reports said the suspects were involved in the February 2010 German Bakery bomb blast in Pune, the firing incident outside Delhi’s Jama Masjid just before the Commonwealth Games in October last year, and the bomb blast outside the Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore in April last year.
Sources said the arrests were made in the past couple of days following investigations in Chennai.
According to sources, one Pakistani, Hamid Ansari was arrested from Bihar’s Madhubani where he claimed he had come to meet his jailed son who was under arrest for his involvement in fake currency racket.
Ansari told investigators that he had come to Bihar via Nepal.
Two other suspects were also arrested from Madhubani recently, sources said. Their names are Mohammad Ajmal and Mohammad Jamali.
The duo used to impersonate as street hawkers but were involved with terror groups.
The distance between Madhubani and Nepal border is 112 kilometres and the same has emerged as a terror hub and the biggest transit route for terrorists and contraband.
There are also reports that Pakistan’s notorious intelligence agency, the ISI has been recruiting people from Bihar to carrying out terror activities in India.
So far, there has been no official confirmation of the arrests from the Delhi Police but is expected to be a big breakthrough in cracking several terror-related cases in the country.
Commenting on the arrests, Delhi Police Commissioner BK Gupta only said it is an ongoing operation. “We have got details... will give the details in the afternoon,” Gupta said.
Sources said the police are also close to nabbing five to six more people. Importantly, the Delhi Police have been in pursuit of IM mastermind Taqueer and it is during this hunt and the arrests of six operatives have been made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it