Delhi Police pulled up over firing near PM residence
New Delhi: Delhi police has been pulled
up by the top brass of the security agencies for reportedly
trying to cover up an incident of firing in the vicinity of
the Prime Minister`s residence here.
Official sources said the Home Ministry has sought a
detailed report from the local police over the incident, which
happened on January 28.
They said the top brass of the agencies have asked the
Delhi Police why it did not keep them informed about the
The sources said the agencies are trying to figure out
who fired the rounds outside a well-known hotel close to 7,
Race Course Road, the PM`s residence.
Source said the shots were fired from a car which was
leaving the hotel.
A senior official said the hotel`s security officer
had given a letter to the police about the firing 12 hours
after the incident.
"A letter was received by the SHO, Chanakyapuri from
the security officer of the hotel mentioning the incident that
happened 12 hours before police was informed. We are
investigating the case," Additional Commissioner of Police
(New Delhi) S Dass said.
He said the police have seized a vehicle alleged to
have been used by those who fired and said though the identity
of the accused has been established, he is yet to be arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video