Delhi police submits report in Arun Jaitley call detail case
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Monday submitted their report to the Ministry of Home Affairs over the BJP leader Arun Jaitley call detail issue.
The report came hours after the police made another arrest in the case.
The man arrested was identified as one Neeraj, who reportedly works for a private detective firm. He was arrested for allegedly collecting call details of the BJP leader.
Few days back a constable was also arrested who said that he had collected the details for personal reasons.
Arvind Dabas, a 32-year-old Delhi Police constable, checked his communication with an Uttarakhand leader who had assured him to settle his property deal in Uttarakhand through Jaitley.
BJP, who alleged this case as "unauthorised surveillance", had demanded a strong action from Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde.
"The manner in which the call details have been collected is serious. Anyone who is found involved in this act must be punished," Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rajnath Singh said.
It still remains unclear that who is behind this alleged tracking of Jaitley and with what motive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read