‘Delhi Police warned of possible attack in Hyderabad`
New Delhi: The Delhi Police Special Cell had warned intelligence agencies about the possibility of an attack in Hyderabad following interrogation of accused after the Pune blast was cracked in September last year, an officer said.
One of the four suspected Indian Mujahideen (IM) operatives, who were arrested for the Aug 1, 2012 Pune blast, had told the interrogators that they had done a recce of Hyderabad`s markets and a few crowded areas of Mumbai, a Delhi Police source told IANS.
"The inputs were shared with intelligence agencies and they were told about the terrorist revelation," said the officer, speaking on condition of anonymity.
Asad Khan - a recruiter, motivator and ideologue of the IM - and Imran Khan were arrested on Sep 26, 2012 from their hideout in south Dehli`s Pul Prahladpur while Syed Firoze was arrested from Nizamuddin Railway station Oct 1 and Syed Maqbool five days later.
"Maqbool and Imran Khan, both residents of Nanded in Maharashtra but operational in Hyderabad, had told police that while planning the Pune blasts, they stayed in Hyderabad where they recced Dilsukh Nagar, Begum Bazar and Abids areas," said the officer.
"Maqbool helped Imran in doing a recce of Dilsukh Nagar, Begum Bazar and Abids in Hyderabad on a motorcycle. This was done on the instruction of Riyaz Bhatkal," the officer added.
Imran Khan had also revealed police about the possible attacks in Hyderabad`s densely populated areas specially market places in Hyderabad and Mumbai, the officer added.
Hyderabad had witnessed twin blast Thursday evening claiming 16 lives and over 100 people injured.
Two officers of Delhi Police`s Special Cell had also flown to Hyderabad to investigate the blast, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?