‘Delhi Police warned of possible attack in Hyderabad`
New Delhi: The Delhi Police Special Cell had warned intelligence agencies about the possibility of an attack in Hyderabad following interrogation of accused after the Pune blast was cracked in September last year, an officer said.
One of the four suspected Indian Mujahideen (IM) operatives, who were arrested for the Aug 1, 2012 Pune blast, had told the interrogators that they had done a recce of Hyderabad`s markets and a few crowded areas of Mumbai, a Delhi Police source told IANS.
"The inputs were shared with intelligence agencies and they were told about the terrorist revelation," said the officer, speaking on condition of anonymity.
Asad Khan - a recruiter, motivator and ideologue of the IM - and Imran Khan were arrested on Sep 26, 2012 from their hideout in south Dehli`s Pul Prahladpur while Syed Firoze was arrested from Nizamuddin Railway station Oct 1 and Syed Maqbool five days later.
"Maqbool and Imran Khan, both residents of Nanded in Maharashtra but operational in Hyderabad, had told police that while planning the Pune blasts, they stayed in Hyderabad where they recced Dilsukh Nagar, Begum Bazar and Abids areas," said the officer.
"Maqbool helped Imran in doing a recce of Dilsukh Nagar, Begum Bazar and Abids in Hyderabad on a motorcycle. This was done on the instruction of Riyaz Bhatkal," the officer added.
Imran Khan had also revealed police about the possible attacks in Hyderabad`s densely populated areas specially market places in Hyderabad and Mumbai, the officer added.
Hyderabad had witnessed twin blast Thursday evening claiming 16 lives and over 100 people injured.
Two officers of Delhi Police`s Special Cell had also flown to Hyderabad to investigate the blast, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla