‘Delhi Police warned of possible attack in Hyderabad`
New Delhi: The Delhi Police Special Cell had warned intelligence agencies about the possibility of an attack in Hyderabad following interrogation of accused after the Pune blast was cracked in September last year, an officer said.
One of the four suspected Indian Mujahideen (IM) operatives, who were arrested for the Aug 1, 2012 Pune blast, had told the interrogators that they had done a recce of Hyderabad`s markets and a few crowded areas of Mumbai, a Delhi Police source told IANS.
"The inputs were shared with intelligence agencies and they were told about the terrorist revelation," said the officer, speaking on condition of anonymity.
Asad Khan - a recruiter, motivator and ideologue of the IM - and Imran Khan were arrested on Sep 26, 2012 from their hideout in south Dehli`s Pul Prahladpur while Syed Firoze was arrested from Nizamuddin Railway station Oct 1 and Syed Maqbool five days later.
"Maqbool and Imran Khan, both residents of Nanded in Maharashtra but operational in Hyderabad, had told police that while planning the Pune blasts, they stayed in Hyderabad where they recced Dilsukh Nagar, Begum Bazar and Abids areas," said the officer.
"Maqbool helped Imran in doing a recce of Dilsukh Nagar, Begum Bazar and Abids in Hyderabad on a motorcycle. This was done on the instruction of Riyaz Bhatkal," the officer added.
Imran Khan had also revealed police about the possible attacks in Hyderabad`s densely populated areas specially market places in Hyderabad and Mumbai, the officer added.
Hyderabad had witnessed twin blast Thursday evening claiming 16 lives and over 100 people injured.
Two officers of Delhi Police`s Special Cell had also flown to Hyderabad to investigate the blast, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list