‘Delhi Police warned of possible attack in Hyderabad`
New Delhi: The Delhi Police Special Cell had warned intelligence agencies about the possibility of an attack in Hyderabad following interrogation of accused after the Pune blast was cracked in September last year, an officer said.
One of the four suspected Indian Mujahideen (IM) operatives, who were arrested for the Aug 1, 2012 Pune blast, had told the interrogators that they had done a recce of Hyderabad`s markets and a few crowded areas of Mumbai, a Delhi Police source told IANS.
"The inputs were shared with intelligence agencies and they were told about the terrorist revelation," said the officer, speaking on condition of anonymity.
Asad Khan - a recruiter, motivator and ideologue of the IM - and Imran Khan were arrested on Sep 26, 2012 from their hideout in south Dehli`s Pul Prahladpur while Syed Firoze was arrested from Nizamuddin Railway station Oct 1 and Syed Maqbool five days later.
"Maqbool and Imran Khan, both residents of Nanded in Maharashtra but operational in Hyderabad, had told police that while planning the Pune blasts, they stayed in Hyderabad where they recced Dilsukh Nagar, Begum Bazar and Abids areas," said the officer.
"Maqbool helped Imran in doing a recce of Dilsukh Nagar, Begum Bazar and Abids in Hyderabad on a motorcycle. This was done on the instruction of Riyaz Bhatkal," the officer added.
Imran Khan had also revealed police about the possible attacks in Hyderabad`s densely populated areas specially market places in Hyderabad and Mumbai, the officer added.
Hyderabad had witnessed twin blast Thursday evening claiming 16 lives and over 100 people injured.
Two officers of Delhi Police`s Special Cell had also flown to Hyderabad to investigate the blast, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur