Delhi rape: Accused raped his wife before marriage
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: As the nation continues to be furious over the brutal rape of the five-year-old girl in the national capital, a sensational revelation regarding the rape accused Manoj Kumar has come to the fore.
The rape accused Manoj, who is in police custody, had also raped his wife before marriage. The village panchayat had then ordered Manoj to marry the girl.
A joint team of Delhi and Bihar Police succeeded in nabbing the rape accused, Manoj Kumar, 22, from his in-laws house in Chitkouna village in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district on Saturday. He was flown to Delhi in a chartered plane and is being interrogated by police.
To one’s astonishment, Manoj’s wife, who herself was sexually assaulted by her husband before marriage, has demanded his release.
However, the villagers are demanding no mercy to be shown against the accused and want him to be hanged.
It is also being reported that the villagers are contemplating to boycott Manoj and his family.
25-year-old Kumar is a native of Bharthua panchayat under Auraiya police station area of Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district, about 50 km from Patna.
The Bharthua panchayat has decided to boycott the family of rape accused Manoj Kumar after villagers came to know about his involvement in the horrific crime in east Delhi.
The five-year-old girl, a resident of east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar, was abducted by Manoj, a labourer, who lived on the ground floor of the same house in the working class neighbourhood. He kept her hostage for two days without food and water and subjected her to brutal repeated rape.
She was rescued when her family members heard her screams Wednesday, police said. The accused had locked the door from outside and fled, thinking that she had died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof