Delhi rape case: ACP suspended for slapping protester
New Delhi: An assistant commissioner (ACP) of Delhi Police was Friday suspended for slapping a 17-year-old girl protester, who was trying to meet the five-year-old rape victim at a hospital here.
ACP Bani Singh Ahlawat, posted at Khajuri Khas area of east Delhi, was suspended with immediate effect for slapping and pushing Beenu Rawat, a class 12 student, said a senior police officer.
Rawat, a resident of east Delhi`s Shahdara, was trying to enter the emergency ward of the Swami Dayanand hospital when she was assaulted by the ACP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Israel PM to meet Kerry in Rome on Palestinians
- US President Barack Obama pays tribute to slain British MP Jo Cox
- Major blow for Samajwadi Party as its general secretary joins BJP with 200 colleagues
- Truck set on fire by angry villagers after they saw blood spilling out of it, found 30 cows dead
- Want to book DDA community halls? Now, you can do it in 15 minutes - Know how