Delhi rape case: ACP suspended for slapping protester
New Delhi: An assistant commissioner (ACP) of Delhi Police was Friday suspended for slapping a 17-year-old girl protester, who was trying to meet the five-year-old rape victim at a hospital here.
ACP Bani Singh Ahlawat, posted at Khajuri Khas area of east Delhi, was suspended with immediate effect for slapping and pushing Beenu Rawat, a class 12 student, said a senior police officer.
Rawat, a resident of east Delhi`s Shahdara, was trying to enter the emergency ward of the Swami Dayanand hospital when she was assaulted by the ACP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Watch! This is how ATM frauds cheat victims
- Allergic customer dies after being served nut-based curry; restaurant owner found guilty
- Here's a guide to fertility preservation in adult female cancer survivors
- China apprehensive of Tim Cook's plans for India: Chinese media
- Hilarious: Can you guess who these face-swapped celebrities are? – Watch to know