Delhi rape case: ACP suspended for slapping protester
New Delhi: An assistant commissioner (ACP) of Delhi Police was Friday suspended for slapping a 17-year-old girl protester, who was trying to meet the five-year-old rape victim at a hospital here.
ACP Bani Singh Ahlawat, posted at Khajuri Khas area of east Delhi, was suspended with immediate effect for slapping and pushing Beenu Rawat, a class 12 student, said a senior police officer.
Rawat, a resident of east Delhi`s Shahdara, was trying to enter the emergency ward of the Swami Dayanand hospital when she was assaulted by the ACP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actors singing is a very good trend: Ayushmann Khurrana
- UK adds Pak-based Chinese Islamic group to terror list
- Sleeping near chicken can protect you from malaria!
- WI vs IND 2016: Bowlers need to be patient as it's a batting pitch, says leggie Devendra Bishoo
- Fire diverts North Korea Air Koryo flight