Delhi rape case: ACP suspended for slapping protester
New Delhi: An assistant commissioner (ACP) of Delhi Police was Friday suspended for slapping a 17-year-old girl protester, who was trying to meet the five-year-old rape victim at a hospital here.
ACP Bani Singh Ahlawat, posted at Khajuri Khas area of east Delhi, was suspended with immediate effect for slapping and pushing Beenu Rawat, a class 12 student, said a senior police officer.
Rawat, a resident of east Delhi`s Shahdara, was trying to enter the emergency ward of the Swami Dayanand hospital when she was assaulted by the ACP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites