Delhi rape case: Protesters throng AIIMS where five-year-old girl is admitted
New Delhi: Over 100 protesters Friday thronged the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) where the five-year-old girl, who was raped for two days in captivity, is admitted.
The angry protesters were stopped at barricades manned by over 100 police personnel deployed at AIIMS.
Both the entry gates to the hospital were closed.
The crowd, which was shouting anti-police slogans, primarily consisted of Aam Adami Party workers.
"She (the girl) is in general ward and not in ICU (intensive care unit). A team of doctors from surgery, paediatrics and gynaecology departments is examining her," DK Sharma, medical superintendent at AIIMS, told IANS.
The five-year-old girl was kidnapped, starved, tortured and brutally raped here for two days. She was in critical condition Friday even as police hunted for her 25-year-old tormentor.
As news of the brutality emerged, angry protesters gathered at the hospital where she was warded since Wednesday morning after her family rescued her from the house of her abductor in Gandhi Nagar in east Delhi.
The traumatised girl was shifted to AIIMS Friday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach