Delhi rape case: Protesters throng AIIMS where five-year-old girl is admitted
New Delhi: Over 100 protesters Friday thronged the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) where the five-year-old girl, who was raped for two days in captivity, is admitted.
The angry protesters were stopped at barricades manned by over 100 police personnel deployed at AIIMS.
Both the entry gates to the hospital were closed.
The crowd, which was shouting anti-police slogans, primarily consisted of Aam Adami Party workers.
"She (the girl) is in general ward and not in ICU (intensive care unit). A team of doctors from surgery, paediatrics and gynaecology departments is examining her," DK Sharma, medical superintendent at AIIMS, told IANS.
The five-year-old girl was kidnapped, starved, tortured and brutally raped here for two days. She was in critical condition Friday even as police hunted for her 25-year-old tormentor.
As news of the brutality emerged, angry protesters gathered at the hospital where she was warded since Wednesday morning after her family rescued her from the house of her abductor in Gandhi Nagar in east Delhi.
The traumatised girl was shifted to AIIMS Friday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof