Delhi rape case: Protesters throng AIIMS where five-year-old girl is admitted
New Delhi: Over 100 protesters Friday thronged the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) where the five-year-old girl, who was raped for two days in captivity, is admitted.
The angry protesters were stopped at barricades manned by over 100 police personnel deployed at AIIMS.
Both the entry gates to the hospital were closed.
The crowd, which was shouting anti-police slogans, primarily consisted of Aam Adami Party workers.
"She (the girl) is in general ward and not in ICU (intensive care unit). A team of doctors from surgery, paediatrics and gynaecology departments is examining her," DK Sharma, medical superintendent at AIIMS, told IANS.
The five-year-old girl was kidnapped, starved, tortured and brutally raped here for two days. She was in critical condition Friday even as police hunted for her 25-year-old tormentor.
As news of the brutality emerged, angry protesters gathered at the hospital where she was warded since Wednesday morning after her family rescued her from the house of her abductor in Gandhi Nagar in east Delhi.
The traumatised girl was shifted to AIIMS Friday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him