Delhi rape case: Sonia Gandhi meets 5-year-old girl victim at AIIMS
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Congress chief Sonia Gandhi on Saturday met the five-year-old rape victim who was hospitalised yesterday in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and enquired about her health.
Gandhi went to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences and visited the girl in her room. She enquired about the victim`s treatment and progress from doctors, and spoke with the parents of the victim.
Earlier in the day, Sonia Gandhi condemned the brutal rape of the girl and said "action and not words are required to check incidents like this heinous rape".
The girl was brutally raped and assaulted allegedly by her neighbour while being held captive and starved for two days. She also contracted infection from foreign objects inserted in her body.
The horrific incident took place in east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar. The girl, who was missing from April 15 evening, was rescued on April 17 from the ground floor of the building where her family was staying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test