Delhi rape case: Sonia Gandhi meets 5-year-old girl victim at AIIMS
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Congress chief Sonia Gandhi on Saturday met the five-year-old rape victim who was hospitalised yesterday in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and enquired about her health.
Gandhi went to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences and visited the girl in her room. She enquired about the victim`s treatment and progress from doctors, and spoke with the parents of the victim.
Earlier in the day, Sonia Gandhi condemned the brutal rape of the girl and said "action and not words are required to check incidents like this heinous rape".
The girl was brutally raped and assaulted allegedly by her neighbour while being held captive and starved for two days. She also contracted infection from foreign objects inserted in her body.
The horrific incident took place in east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar. The girl, who was missing from April 15 evening, was rescued on April 17 from the ground floor of the building where her family was staying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border