Delhi rape case: Sonia Gandhi meets 5-year-old girl victim at AIIMS
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Congress chief Sonia Gandhi on Saturday met the five-year-old rape victim who was hospitalised yesterday in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and enquired about her health.
Gandhi went to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences and visited the girl in her room. She enquired about the victim`s treatment and progress from doctors, and spoke with the parents of the victim.
Earlier in the day, Sonia Gandhi condemned the brutal rape of the girl and said "action and not words are required to check incidents like this heinous rape".
The girl was brutally raped and assaulted allegedly by her neighbour while being held captive and starved for two days. She also contracted infection from foreign objects inserted in her body.
The horrific incident took place in east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar. The girl, who was missing from April 15 evening, was rescued on April 17 from the ground floor of the building where her family was staying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda