Delhi road rage: Pilot runs over man 4 times
New Delhi: Enraged by his car getting slightly scratched, a pilot ran over the other car`s driver four times, crushing him to death on a busy main road in front of a popular market in central Delhi on Tuesday.
The gruesome incident took place outside Axis Bank in Khan Market at 1.50 pm, police said.
Rajiv, a resident of Dwarka, was driving a Hyundai and slightly grazed a Ford Ikon being driven by Vikas Agarwal, a pilot.
"Rajiv, a restaurant manager, stepped outside his car and approached Vikas Agarwal and started arguing," a police officer said.
"Enraged over Rajiv standing in front of his car, Agarwal hit him once and then continuously crushed him under his wheels around four times," the officer said.
A police team arrived on the spot and apprehended Agarwal.
"A case has been registered and we are investigating the matter," the officer said.
Rajiv was rushed to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional