Delhi road rage: Pilot runs over man 4 times
New Delhi: Enraged by his car getting slightly scratched, a pilot ran over the other car`s driver four times, crushing him to death on a busy main road in front of a popular market in central Delhi on Tuesday.
The gruesome incident took place outside Axis Bank in Khan Market at 1.50 pm, police said.
Rajiv, a resident of Dwarka, was driving a Hyundai and slightly grazed a Ford Ikon being driven by Vikas Agarwal, a pilot.
"Rajiv, a restaurant manager, stepped outside his car and approached Vikas Agarwal and started arguing," a police officer said.
"Enraged over Rajiv standing in front of his car, Agarwal hit him once and then continuously crushed him under his wheels around four times," the officer said.
A police team arrived on the spot and apprehended Agarwal.
"A case has been registered and we are investigating the matter," the officer said.
Rajiv was rushed to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!