Delhi road rage: Pilot runs over man 4 times
New Delhi: Enraged by his car getting slightly scratched, a pilot ran over the other car`s driver four times, crushing him to death on a busy main road in front of a popular market in central Delhi on Tuesday.
The gruesome incident took place outside Axis Bank in Khan Market at 1.50 pm, police said.
Rajiv, a resident of Dwarka, was driving a Hyundai and slightly grazed a Ford Ikon being driven by Vikas Agarwal, a pilot.
"Rajiv, a restaurant manager, stepped outside his car and approached Vikas Agarwal and started arguing," a police officer said.
"Enraged over Rajiv standing in front of his car, Agarwal hit him once and then continuously crushed him under his wheels around four times," the officer said.
A police team arrived on the spot and apprehended Agarwal.
"A case has been registered and we are investigating the matter," the officer said.
Rajiv was rushed to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump