Delhi student succumbs to Pune blast injuries
Pune: A student from New Delhi, Aditya Jaiprakash Mehta, who was injured in Saturday`s terror blast here, succumbed to his injuries in a hospital here early Wednesday, police said.
According to an official of the Pune Police Control Room, Aditya, 24, was a fourth year student of Bharatiya Vidyapeeth, an engineering college in the city.
Mehta died around 4 am Wednesday at the Jehangir Hospital here, the official said.
His relatives have already arrived here from New Delhi and the formalities to hand over the body are being completed.
With this, the toll in the blast at Pune`s German Bakery goes up to 11. Nine people died the same evening, and one Abhishek Saxena, a student of DY Patil College - succumbed to his injuries Tuesday.
At least 37 more victims are still undergoing treatment in various city hospitals. The bomb in backpacks -- a mixture of RDX and ammonium nitrate -- injured 57 people in all.
The well-known German Bakery in the fashionable Koregaon Park area was packed on the eve of Valentine`s Day when the bomb went off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Sheena Bora murder: Indrani, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till May 9
- Sushmita Sen - mother of two daughters - talks about her sexiest mantra
- AgustaWestland case: Hang me if anything found against me, says Congress leader Ahmed Patel
- Badminton Asia Championship: Saina Nehwal, PV Sindhu advance to second round
- There has been no development in West Bengal, only TMC syndicate rules: Rahul Gandhi