Delhi student succumbs to Pune blast injuries
Pune: A student from New Delhi, Aditya Jaiprakash Mehta, who was injured in Saturday`s terror blast here, succumbed to his injuries in a hospital here early Wednesday, police said.
According to an official of the Pune Police Control Room, Aditya, 24, was a fourth year student of Bharatiya Vidyapeeth, an engineering college in the city.
Mehta died around 4 am Wednesday at the Jehangir Hospital here, the official said.
His relatives have already arrived here from New Delhi and the formalities to hand over the body are being completed.
With this, the toll in the blast at Pune`s German Bakery goes up to 11. Nine people died the same evening, and one Abhishek Saxena, a student of DY Patil College - succumbed to his injuries Tuesday.
At least 37 more victims are still undergoing treatment in various city hospitals. The bomb in backpacks -- a mixture of RDX and ammonium nitrate -- injured 57 people in all.
The well-known German Bakery in the fashionable Koregaon Park area was packed on the eve of Valentine`s Day when the bomb went off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?