Delink Citizen Charter from Lokpal: Team Anna
New Delhi: Team Anna on Tuesday expressed its
willingness to de-link citizen`s charter from the proposed
anti-corruption ombudsman provided that a separate bill on the
lines of the one in Uttarakhand be introduced in Parliament
along with the Lokpal Bill.
The activists led by Anna Hazare have been demanding that
citizen`s charter should be part of the Lokpal Bill and they
provided two options for the government -- implement the
resolution of Parliament and include the charter in Lokpal or
bring a strong grievance redressal bill.
"If the government wishes to bring a separate bill to
deal with citizen`s charters, we request that the Uttarakhand
model for the same should be adopted wherein the citizen`s
charters have been provided through a separate bill.
"However, the violation of the same by various levels of
officers in the same department is required to be strongly
dealt with by judicial officers. In Uttarakhand, these
judicial officers are selected, appointed and controlled by
Lokayukta," a Team Anna statement said.
Claiming that the draft Public Grievances Redressal bill
provides for a highly centralized system which is bound to
collapse under its own weight, they said the Parliament
resolution stated that three key issues would be addressed
through the Lokpal Bill.
"However we are surprised that contrary to that
resolution, the government proposes to exclude citizen charter
from Lokpal`s jurisdiction and bring a weak and ineffective
bill to deal with citizen`s grievances," they said.
On its new proposal, Team Anna said the Public Grievance
Commissions should "never be burdened" with the work of
hearing appeals as that system is bound to collapse under its
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead