Deliver good governance: Advani to BJP CMs
Ranchi: BJP leader L K Advani today asked the
party-ruled states to accomplish the twin objectives of his
Jan Chetna Yatra-- good governance and clean politics.
"If we can`t provide good governance, then how can we
excuse ourselves?" Advani told a rally organised here as part
of his yatra.
He, however, said he was happy with the performance of the
Arjun Munda government in Jharkhand.
"I am happy that Mundaji is honestly trying to give good
governance. He has initiated Ladli Laxmi Yozana. If we get an
opportunity to come to power at the Centre we will implement
the programme at the national level," he said.
The BJP leader recalled how the NDA had been "instrumental
in creating Jharkhand, Uttarakhand and Chhatisgarh" (all ruled
by BJP-led governments).
Referring to the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government`s State
Reorganisation Bill to create Jharkhand, Chhatisgarh and
Uttarakhand, Advani said, "I saw curiosity of the people in
these parts for separate states when I used to go to Bihar,
Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy