Deliver good governance: Advani to BJP CMs
Ranchi: BJP leader L K Advani today asked the
party-ruled states to accomplish the twin objectives of his
Jan Chetna Yatra-- good governance and clean politics.
"If we can`t provide good governance, then how can we
excuse ourselves?" Advani told a rally organised here as part
of his yatra.
He, however, said he was happy with the performance of the
Arjun Munda government in Jharkhand.
"I am happy that Mundaji is honestly trying to give good
governance. He has initiated Ladli Laxmi Yozana. If we get an
opportunity to come to power at the Centre we will implement
the programme at the national level," he said.
The BJP leader recalled how the NDA had been "instrumental
in creating Jharkhand, Uttarakhand and Chhatisgarh" (all ruled
by BJP-led governments).
Referring to the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government`s State
Reorganisation Bill to create Jharkhand, Chhatisgarh and
Uttarakhand, Advani said, "I saw curiosity of the people in
these parts for separate states when I used to go to Bihar,
Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!