Deliver good governance: Advani to BJP CMs
Ranchi: BJP leader L K Advani today asked the
party-ruled states to accomplish the twin objectives of his
Jan Chetna Yatra-- good governance and clean politics.
"If we can`t provide good governance, then how can we
excuse ourselves?" Advani told a rally organised here as part
of his yatra.
He, however, said he was happy with the performance of the
Arjun Munda government in Jharkhand.
"I am happy that Mundaji is honestly trying to give good
governance. He has initiated Ladli Laxmi Yozana. If we get an
opportunity to come to power at the Centre we will implement
the programme at the national level," he said.
The BJP leader recalled how the NDA had been "instrumental
in creating Jharkhand, Uttarakhand and Chhatisgarh" (all ruled
by BJP-led governments).
Referring to the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government`s State
Reorganisation Bill to create Jharkhand, Chhatisgarh and
Uttarakhand, Advani said, "I saw curiosity of the people in
these parts for separate states when I used to go to Bihar,
Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh."
- Blasphemy case for 'desecrating' Sikh man's turban in Pakistan
- NEET 2016: Government will take final call, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Next Odd-Even phase only after public consultation: Satyendar Jain
- IPL 9: Kings XI Punjab's Shaun Marsh ruled out for remainder of the tournament
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore – Players to watch out for; probable playing XIs