Demand for bringing Karmapa to Rumtek
Gangtok: Some Buddhist leaders here have
demanded that the 17th Karmpa Ugyen Trinley Dorjee be brought
to Rumtek monastery, once given clean chit by the government.
Claiming that the Karmapa has his rightful place at
Rumtek donated by the Chogyals, Karmapa Reception Committee
(KRC) member N T Bhutia said "let our new slogan be K2R
(Karmapa to Rumtek)".
"We must not lose hope but remain positive...The day
he is given a clean chit then he is free to come to Sikkim,"
All Sikkim Tamang Buddhist Association president Kumar Yonzon
said alluding to recent raids at Dharamsala.
"It is the legitimate demand of the followers that
their religious leader is allowed to come and stay at his
original residence," former minister and spokesperson for the
Joint Action Committee formed by monasteries and
non-governmental organizations Thukchuk Lachungpa said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery