Demand for proper updating of govt websites raised in RS
New Delhi: Attention of the government was drawn in the Rajya Sabha on Tuesday to the poor maintenance of its websites with a demand for updating these at the earliest to enable the common people reach out to government.
Raising the issue, KN Balagopal (CPM) said, "There is poor maintenance of government websites. Websites are an important link between government and the public but their proper updating is not taking place."
He said even when the new government takes over names are not updated and many of the government websites do not have updated list of emails, contact number etc causing problems to people.
"Rajya Sabha website though it is good but certain links do not open up," he said and demanded that it should be updated with all basic data so that even a worker sitting in a Gulf country can understand how to apply for visa going through government website.
Raising another issue, T Subbarami Reddy (Cong) expressed concern over a large number of children going missing in the country.
"As per National Crime Record Bureau data 3.25 lakh children went missing here in the last three years," he said, adding the number of missing children in China was 10,000 and 3,000 in Pakistan.
Urging the government to take immediate steps in this direction he demanded police deputation in every district for this purpose.
"What steps the government is taking? Parents of such children are worried. Their lives have been spoiled," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly