Demands for Central forces in all Bihar booths
Patna: Cutting across ideological divide,
all political parties in Bihar today urged Election Commission
(EC) to deploy central para military forces (CPMFs) in all
polling stations to ensure free and fair assembly polls in
the state to be held in October/November.
EC has been urged to deploy central forces in all the
56,943 polling stations.
Representatives of JD(U), BJP, RJD, Congress and
CPI(ML) made the request to state`s Chief Electoral Officer
(CEO) Sudhir Rakesh.
RJD spokesman Ram Kripal Yadav asked EC to reconsider the
polling date on November nine (5th phase) in view of a Chhath
festival when devouts take a bath before taking meals.
Yadav registered his strong protest against EC`s decision
to bracket Raghopur assembly consituency, held by RJD supremo
Lalu Prasad`s wife and former Chief Minister Rabri Devi in the
outgoing assembly as a Naxal-affected area and holding the
polls there from 0700 hours to 1500 hours and questioned the
rationale behind it.
Vice-President of state BJP Mangal Pandey too demanded
deployment of CPMFs in all booths as well as the review of the
November nine polling date in view of Chhath festival.
Congress spokesman Premchand Mishra too supported the
twin issues raised by RJD and BJP leaders and also demanded
security for central ministers visiting the state for
It has been observed that the state government was lax
in providing security to the central ministers on their visit
for electioneering and there were instances where the PSOs
were not deputed with the dignitaries nor escorts provided to
them in the districts, Mishra alleged.
JD(U) leaders Bhim Singh and Ravindra Singh and K D Yadav
of CPI(M-L) also wanted deployment of CPMFs at all polling
EC`s directive to political parties and candidates to
open a bank account for transparency in funding of
election-related expenses came in for flak from all political
parties which cited practical difficulties in toeing the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das