Demilitarization of Jammu and Kashmir will disturb country`s security: Arun Jaitley
New Delhi: Commenting on Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Prashant Bhushan`s statement suggesting a referendum in Jammu and Kashmir to decide whether the people want the army to handle internal security, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Arun Jaitley on Monday said that such `ill advice` must be rejected as it disturbed the sovereignty and security of the country.
"If cross border terrorism continues, then to suggest that you demilitarize will be a disaster to India`s security. Such ill advice must always be rejected as it disturbs the sovereignty and security of the country," said Jaitley.
"We have issues of India`s national security which are capable of disturbing the peace of our country. We have been very firm on these issues as this is an issue of India`s security," he said.
Arun Jaitely said that the situation has been `gloomy` since 2004, and the world is looking at BJP and Narendra Modi to change the situation. "There is a challenging opportunity waiting for us," he added.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had earlier said that he disagreed with Bhushan`s comment on Kashmir.
Speaking to a television channel, Prashant Bhushan said that that in keeping with participatory democracy, locals in the Kashmir Valley should be allowed to determine whether they want the army for internal security or not.
"It is very important to take the wishes of the people into consideration about their own security," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared