Democracy, migration, tech fuelling change in Indi
New Delhi: Democracy, migration and technology are the three basic forces that drive change in India, Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi said on Monday.
He made this remark while chairing a talk by eminent US-based Indian scientist Vijay Kumar on `Aerial Robot Swarms: Technology that will shape the future` organised by Rajiv Gandhi Institute For Contemporary Studies (RGICS).
In his interventions during interaction, Rahul also emphasised the need for democratisation of technology and urged youngsters to explore the usage of technology for both humanitarian and nation building purposes.
"I don`t think, technology can enslave us. I think we enslave ourselves," he said responding to a question and added that technology can be used for wrong purposes too.
Recalling the introduction of computer in the country when his late father Rajiv Gandhi was the Prime Minister, Rahul said the RGICS chose robot as a topic to make people understand its technology and how it helps the people.
In his speech, Vijay Kumar, who is a science professor at University of Pennsylvania, narrated the functioning of autonomous micro aerial robots that can operate in three- dimensional environments, with or without GPS, and after many opportunities for environment monitoring, search and rescue and first response.
He described his recent work on small, agile aerial robots at the University of Pennsylvania and the challenges in deployment of large numbers of aerial robots, with applications to cooperative manipulation and transport, construction and exploration and mapping.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves