Democracy, migration, tech fuelling change in Indi
New Delhi: Democracy, migration and technology are the three basic forces that drive change in India, Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi said on Monday.
He made this remark while chairing a talk by eminent US-based Indian scientist Vijay Kumar on `Aerial Robot Swarms: Technology that will shape the future` organised by Rajiv Gandhi Institute For Contemporary Studies (RGICS).
In his interventions during interaction, Rahul also emphasised the need for democratisation of technology and urged youngsters to explore the usage of technology for both humanitarian and nation building purposes.
"I don`t think, technology can enslave us. I think we enslave ourselves," he said responding to a question and added that technology can be used for wrong purposes too.
Recalling the introduction of computer in the country when his late father Rajiv Gandhi was the Prime Minister, Rahul said the RGICS chose robot as a topic to make people understand its technology and how it helps the people.
In his speech, Vijay Kumar, who is a science professor at University of Pennsylvania, narrated the functioning of autonomous micro aerial robots that can operate in three- dimensional environments, with or without GPS, and after many opportunities for environment monitoring, search and rescue and first response.
He described his recent work on small, agile aerial robots at the University of Pennsylvania and the challenges in deployment of large numbers of aerial robots, with applications to cooperative manipulation and transport, construction and exploration and mapping.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends