Demolition of temple in Karachi figures in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: The demolition of a temple in Karachi figured in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday with a BJD member demanding its restoration and protection to Hindus who are in minority there.
"I want India to impress upon the Pakistan to restore the razed temple in Karachi and ensure safety of the minority community," B Mahtab (BJD) said during Zero Hour.
He said that despite Sind High Court`s stay on the matter till December 7, the temple was razed last Saturday which affected adjacent houses of the Hindu community.
Some other members also associated themselves with Mahtab.
A delegation of BJP leaders met the Pakistan High Commissioner to India Salman Bashir here and submitted a memorandum to register their protest against the demolition of the temple and plight of Hindu minorities in that country.
"The latest case of a 200-year-old Hindu temple demolished in Bhimpura locality in the southern port city of Karachi is dreadful and painful for BJP. The Shri Rama Pir Mandir reportedly demolished and more than 40 Hindus rendered homeless is gross injustice and unacceptable to BJP," the party said in its memorandum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you