Demolition of temple in Karachi figures in LS
New Delhi: The demolition of a temple in Karachi figured in the Lok Sabha Tuesday with a BJD member demanding its restoration and protection to Hindus who are in minority there.
"I want India to impress upon the Pakistan to restore the razed temple in Karachi and ensure safety of the minority community," B Mahtab (BJD) said during Zero Hour.
He said that despite Sind High Court`s stay on the matter till December 7, the temple was razed last Saturday which affected adjacent houses of the Hindu community.
Some other members also associated themselves with Mahtab.
A delegation of BJP leaders met the Pakistan High Commissioner to India Salman Bashir here and submitted a memorandum to register their protest against the demolition of the temple and plight of Hindu minorities in that country.
"The latest case of a 200-year-old Hindu temple demolished in Bhimpura locality in the southern port city of Karachi is dreadful and painful for BJP. The Shri Rama Pir Mandir reportedly demolished and more than 40 Hindus rendered homeless is gross injustice and unacceptable to BJP," the party said in its memorandum.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Revealed! How low testosterone raises diabetes risk
- Ranveer Singh, Varun Dhawan, Arjun Kapoor, Sidharth Malhotra, Shahid Kapoor, Karan Singh Grover – Kisme Kitni ‘ab’ hai
- Coal scam: Court orders framing of charges against Naveen Jindal
- Pyongyang sentences Korean-American for spying
- I don't diet, I'm just genetically blessed: Priyanka Chopra