Demolition of temple in Karachi figures in LS
New Delhi: The demolition of a temple in Karachi figured in the Lok Sabha Tuesday with a BJD member demanding its restoration and protection to Hindus who are in minority there.
"I want India to impress upon the Pakistan to restore the razed temple in Karachi and ensure safety of the minority community," B Mahtab (BJD) said during Zero Hour.
He said that despite Sind High Court`s stay on the matter till December 7, the temple was razed last Saturday which affected adjacent houses of the Hindu community.
Some other members also associated themselves with Mahtab.
A delegation of BJP leaders met the Pakistan High Commissioner to India Salman Bashir here and submitted a memorandum to register their protest against the demolition of the temple and plight of Hindu minorities in that country.
"The latest case of a 200-year-old Hindu temple demolished in Bhimpura locality in the southern port city of Karachi is dreadful and painful for BJP. The Shri Rama Pir Mandir reportedly demolished and more than 40 Hindus rendered homeless is gross injustice and unacceptable to BJP," the party said in its memorandum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray