Demolition of temple in Karachi figures in LS
New Delhi: The demolition of a temple in Karachi figured in the Lok Sabha Tuesday with a BJD member demanding its restoration and protection to Hindus who are in minority there.
"I want India to impress upon the Pakistan to restore the razed temple in Karachi and ensure safety of the minority community," B Mahtab (BJD) said during Zero Hour.
He said that despite Sind High Court`s stay on the matter till December 7, the temple was razed last Saturday which affected adjacent houses of the Hindu community.
Some other members also associated themselves with Mahtab.
A delegation of BJP leaders met the Pakistan High Commissioner to India Salman Bashir here and submitted a memorandum to register their protest against the demolition of the temple and plight of Hindu minorities in that country.
"The latest case of a 200-year-old Hindu temple demolished in Bhimpura locality in the southern port city of Karachi is dreadful and painful for BJP. The Shri Rama Pir Mandir reportedly demolished and more than 40 Hindus rendered homeless is gross injustice and unacceptable to BJP," the party said in its memorandum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users