Demolition of temple in Karachi figures in LS
New Delhi: The demolition of a temple in Karachi figured in the Lok Sabha Tuesday with a BJD member demanding its restoration and protection to Hindus who are in minority there.
"I want India to impress upon the Pakistan to restore the razed temple in Karachi and ensure safety of the minority community," B Mahtab (BJD) said during Zero Hour.
He said that despite Sind High Court`s stay on the matter till December 7, the temple was razed last Saturday which affected adjacent houses of the Hindu community.
Some other members also associated themselves with Mahtab.
A delegation of BJP leaders met the Pakistan High Commissioner to India Salman Bashir here and submitted a memorandum to register their protest against the demolition of the temple and plight of Hindu minorities in that country.
"The latest case of a 200-year-old Hindu temple demolished in Bhimpura locality in the southern port city of Karachi is dreadful and painful for BJP. The Shri Rama Pir Mandir reportedly demolished and more than 40 Hindus rendered homeless is gross injustice and unacceptable to BJP," the party said in its memorandum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP